Senior Platform App Engine Solution Consultant (Pre-Sales) | 31604
Senior Platform App Engine Solution Consultant (Pre-Sales)
App Engine Solution Consulting
Location(s): New York, NY; Vienna, VA; Remote, CA
This posting will be used to fill multiple vacancies in multiple locations supporting different App Engine sales territories and industry focus including: Commercial, US Federal Government, Medical/State & Local Government, Latin America, Canada, Financial Services, and Enterprise.
This position reports to: Manager, Solution Consulting - App Engine
We’re the fastest growing enterprise cloud software platform company in the world above $1 billion. And we believe it’s great people who will keep us there. We hire carefully, we hire the best, we celebrate our people. Come join our Sales A-team.
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
As a member of our pre-sales team you will have a major impact on our future success. Custom Application Development on the Now Platform App Engine is a rapidly growing focus area for ServiceNow. Since the Now Platform is now a leader in 2020 in the Garter Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms, members of this team will have an opportunity to drive this next growth engine for ServiceNow, along with support from the business unit, executive team, and sales.
ServiceNow is seeking a Sr. Solution Consultant (App Engine) that is a customer facing domain expert, that drives innovative business solutions with our customers, by applying technical and business skills.
This role is a Pre-Sales/Sales Engineering/Solution Consulting role that is well versed in architecting custom solutions to address business problems on the Now Platform (or similar platforms). The role also requires demonstration and prototyping of platform capabilities, and in select cases identifying the specific requirements needed to work with designers and developers to build and present innovative pre-sales solution prototypes to customers.
The Sr. Solution Consultant (App Engine) will deliver strategic visions to executive personas at clients on the value of ServiceNow solutions as well. The candidate must be able to articulate the business value message in front of both technical and non-technical customers.
You will partner with the sales, solution consulting and the rest of the ServiceNow ecosystem to achieve customer success through thought leadership and driving awareness. The role takes a consultative approach with our customers and prospects to discover and map business outcome-driven solutions. The role requires demonstration and prototyping of platform capabilities, and also to identify the specific requirements needed to develop innovative application prototypes for specific customers. The Sr. Solution Consultant (App Engine) will also provide solutions and enablement to the technical sales force and provide prospective customers with product and solution advice during pre-sales discussions.
The Sr. Solution Consultant (App Engine) will provide technical and business expertise to support customers with product and solution leadership during pre-sales engagements. This senior role serves as a value consultant who can go wide and deep on solution delivery and solution positioning during sales cycles.
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive innovative business solutions and digital transformation with our customers
- Consult with customers and prospects to understand their business needs and pain points, and evangelize the business value of solution development on the Now Platform
- Partner with Sales and Solution Consulting to qualify customer needs and identify opportunities to deliver high value business outcomes for clients
- Architect and develop innovative solutions in collaboration with a cross-functional digital consulting team in a pre-sales environment
- Develop and enhance application prototypes on the ServiceNow platform both independently, and as the lead architect on a team with expert UI designers and developers
- Demonstrate to customers and prospects the experience of developing and extending applications on the ServiceNow platform
- Conduct architectural and/or technical workshops that may include enablement sessions
- Contribute to and help maintain an asset library of applications developed on the platform
- Answer questions and provide guidance to Solution Consultants in the field regarding application customization and development
- Interact with the ServiceNow community as a thought leader on developing and extending applications on the ServiceNow platform
- Contribute to programs that enable Solution Consultants to demonstrate the value of developing applications on the ServiceNow platform
- Scope and develop application development Proof of Concepts/prototypes with prospective customers
- Be the platform subject matter expert at executive briefings, workshops and marketing events
- Document and present technical solutions aligned with our client’s business problems
- Facilitate and lead workshops for customers focusing on innovation, ideation, co-creation, development and validation of solutions on the Now Platform.
- Provide mentoring to solution consulting peers and other colleagues in the organization
- Contribute to and help maintain internal forums and asset libraries to enable innovation at scale
- Interact with the wider ServiceNow community as a thought leader on innovative ways to leverage the Now Platform and products
- Presenting at executive briefings and marketing events
- Work closely with Product Management on upcoming releases and provide feedback from customer interaction
- Keep on top of ServiceNow product developments, complementary technology and external trends in order to identify opportunities to broaden the use of the Now Platform outside of typical domains
In order to be successful in this role, we are seeking someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience as a solution consultant/architect
- 3+ years of experience architecting and delivering complex solutions on the Now Platform
- Experience facilitating client-facing workshops to successfully progress initiatives into the next phase of their lifecycle
- Ability to work within, and lead, a multi-discipline team focused on delivering high-quality output in short timeframes
- Fluency in third party integrations using web services, JDBC, and file-based parsers
- Functional comprehension of SQL and database concepts
- Ability to quickly understand new technology through instruction and self-training
- Strong people development skills, including coaching and mentoring for technical roles
- Executive level presence and experience presenting to executive-level audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Big Data, IoT and other emerging technologies a plus
- Expected Travel: 25-30%
ServiceNow's applications are built on a platform that maximizes development velocity, and minimizes application maintenance with extensive component reuse, less integration, and the judicious use of code. It is a new, extremely efficient, yet very flexible development methodology enabled by our holistic platform.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.