Manager - Workplace Security & Safety Manager - APJ | 24905
Manager - Workplace Security & Safety Manager - APJ
Location(s): Hyderabad, India
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Organization and Team
The Workplace Services (WPS) organization is responsible for curating and sustaining our unique ServiceNow work environments around the world, helping to bring our purpose to life in the physical sense. We own the full life cycle of our physical workplaces, from ‘ideation to expiration’, and we are a key influencer of the employee experience by way of our workspaces, services and amenities. The Workplace Security and Safety team is a critical component of Workplace Services which is responsible for the safety, security, emergency and crisis response programs with a purpose of protecting the people, facilities, and assets of ServiceNow worldwide.
To accomplish our mission, we are seeking a Workplace Security & Safety Manager for our APJ region.
The Security & Safety Manager is the senior representative on the Global Security and Safety team in the APJ region and is responsible for holistic security & safety management in the region consisting of approximately 15 sites, to include physical security, crisis management and technological and operational security design and implementation. This role requires to be a relationship builder to interact with senior ServiceNow executives and stakeholders across the full spectrum of business unit owners within the company.
What you get to do in this role:
You will report to the Senior Manager of Global Security and Safety and help carry out our core mission statement throughout the region. You will hold responsibilities across the entire spectrum of security and safety management duties including but not limited to;
- Management of physical security workforce service provider(s)
- Build and maintain a security culture by meeting with stakeholders, creating new stakeholders and seeking out value adds for security partnerships
- Develop, rehearse and modify all associated security, crisis and emergency plans across the region. Conduct investigations into security and safety incidents at assigned sites to include, but not limited to fraud, theft, burglary, assault, safety incidents – including interviews, CCTV review, and appropriate documentation
- Support new building openings by providing risk assessments, reviewing design drawings, and ensuring physical security concepts and support are enabled for the site, additionally providing onsite quality control work and managing new vendor installations
- Enforce budgetary compliance as it relates to service at each location
- Develop and maintain a Regional Crisis Management Plan based on the ServiceNow Corporate Crisis Plan
- Act as a liaison for relationship with law enforcement, regulatory agencies and professional security groups
- Implement, support, and manage all security and safety programs including travel security, executive protection, corporate events, ergonomics, emergency response, life safety, regulatory compliance, risk management, etc.
- Participate in strategic planning for Corporate Offices and effectively advocate on behalf of the Workplace Security & Safety team and our customers
- Effectively influence management, stakeholders, and 3rd party providers to prioritize remediation of security issues
- Serve as a subject matter expert on physical security, providing consultation to WPS teams and other key stakeholders
- Drive adoption of physical security standards for corporate offices and other critical locations across the company
- Create engagement with other stakeholder teams to ensure security needs are part of the earliest phases of facility design
- Partner with peers in the Physical Security and Safety field to explore new industry best practices and assess their strengths, weaknesses, and suitability
- Manage service provider’s efficiency and service delivery quality though KPIs
- Adapt standards and design compensating controls to work within local laws and regulations for various domestic and international jurisdictions
- Periodic travel (up to 25%) to company and 3rd party locations, in rare cases with minimal notice, is required, including some international travel
- Be available on a 24/7 basis to address critical incident across the region
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience managing security operations in a corporate environment
- Overall experience of 10+ years in security management with a major portion of that experience leading security program
- Demonstrable experience in corporate security management and managing large scale projects with multiple deadlines and stakeholders
- Exceptional writing, research, and analytical skills
- Experience designing security for new buildings or facilities, to include placement of access control, cameras, and visitor systems management systems.
Professional Experience/Skills Preferred
- Multi-disciplinary backgrounds (e.g. Security Ops Management, Safety Compliance, Security Technology experience)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment and hyper growth organizations
- Familiarity with ServiceNow and use of our business solutions
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft applications
- Thinks Strategically – Knows what it takes to maintain a vantage point with a comprehensive view of the company, its clients, and their shared interests
- Makes Smart Decisions – Analyzes and synthesizes broad, cross-business or cross-discipline information that leads to breakthroughs or significant insight. Makes a company-wide impact
- Collaborates & Communicates – Works well within a team environment with dynamic professionals from broad backgrounds. Writes and presents effectively in 1:1 and large group situations
- Drives Results – Works independently and collectively to attack problems and analyze root cause. Implements appropriate changes to ensure delivery of services that exceed customer expectations
EEOE Statement Section
ServiceNow’s EEOE statement is automatically added to each U.S. based job description.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.