Senior Director, Head of Finance & Strategy - Customer Outcomes | 26369
Job Title: Senior Director, Head of Finance & Strategy, Customer Outcomes
Location(s): Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: VP Finance and Operations, Customer Outcomes
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
This role reports to the VP of Finance and Operations for Customer Outcomes, which includes ServiceNow’s global Professional Services organization, and it’s newly-launched Customer Success activities. As such, this role is global and truly strategic. This role is the primary Finance partner to the Worldwide Customer Outcomes organization. The individual will manage a global team responsible for strategic planning, financial budgeting and operations, including managing bookings, revenue, and operating expenses for the global services organization, and reporting on ROI and KPIs for Customer Success.
Responsibilities include financial analysis and modeling, creating financial plans and budgets, and analyzing, interpreting, and communicating financial information across the organization. Key characteristics of an ideal candidate: well-rounded, delivers results in high growth environments, high emotional quotient, strong business acumen, effective communicator.
- Partner with the global Customer Outcomes organization to conduct financial analysis and develop strategic insights that drive business decisions. Ensure business unit financial and operating decisions are based on accurate financial data and apply financial expertise to inform overall strategy and business direction
- Own and drive the annual planning process and monthly close and forecast process for the global Customer Outcomes organization. Own and manage the financials of each business unit with high predictability, considering all operational aspects and their impacts on company financials
- Partner with cross functional teams beyond Customer Outcomes to provide financial and business leadership to support business decisions. In addition, build key partnerships with Marketing, Product, Operations, and Accounting to ensure all dependencies are considered
- Develop robust models to streamline decision-making. Ensure financial objectives such as margins, growth, efficiency, productivity, etc. are appropriately analyzed and understood by business partners.
- Provide recommendations for business decisions based on those models
- Partner with the company’s accounting team for month-end and quarter-end close reporting, driving internal processes to maintain and improve predictability of financial results. Recommend and develop policies, procedures and systems to meet Company objectives
- Prepare presentations and provide recommendations to senior management. Assist in communications to senior management, including developing and reporting Sales metrics and key performance indicators regarding Customer Success activities
- Lead, manage, motivate, and develop a global team
- Must have owned and driven an annual budgeting process and monthly close and forecast process for a global organization
- Minimum 15 years of experience in finance and accounting with emphasis on budgeting, forecasting, planning, financial analysis, and modeling with relevant experience as an FP&A business partner
- Experience managing a finance team – a minimum of team 3 to 4 individuals
- Someone who has already been in a leadership role
- Has previously managed a sales finance or sales operations team within a technology company
- Strong systems skills a plus (Anaplan, SAP, Salesforce, or other comparable financial and ERP systems)
- Ability to influence through clear presentation and communication of complex data analysis. Ability to recognize and employ appropriate interaction styles and methods to achieve the desired outcome.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to develop insights and recommendations that synthesizes information across functions and perspectives
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, collaboration and consultative skills. Inquisitive and positive mindset in approaching complex problems.
Finance @ ServiceNow
As a part of our Finance team, you are critical to deciding how and where we invest our funds to grow our company and support key initiatives. You partner across the business and plan the company’s financial operations helping the company continue to encourage and instill financial discipline, manage financial risk and build financial strength across key metrics.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.