IT PMO Intern | 21281
Who WE ARE
Imagine your work day dominated less by emails and spreadsheets and more time given back to you to do your actual job. At ServiceNow, we are making work life more life like and changing the way the biggest companies in the world are doing business.
Our technology helps structure and automate the flow of work to streamline the delivery of services across the modern enterprise so that individuals can have everything they need within their fingertips, just like they do in real life.
Why work @ ServiceNow?
Here’s what our “Class of 2018” has to say about working at ServiceNow:
- I was really glad to have a lot of proper, important work directed my way rather than a bunch of busywork and leftover tasks
- A great positive work environment. Everyone is always willing to help out when I have a question.
- I have been able to contribute to my team in a way that doesn’t just feel like I’m doing busy work, but that I’ve been helping make a real impact on the company.
- I have always said the best aspect of ServiceNow is the people, and that has continued to be true in every department and every team with which I have had the privilege to work with.
- Please describe your team at ServiceNow and its function within the organization.
what you’ll be doing:
- Assist the Program Manager and/or Portfolio Manager in getting different programs from demand management and prioritization, to project initiation through closure
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, schedules, resource plans, budget/cost estimates, issues/risk logs and status reports in PPM as required
- Assist with tracking and resolving issues/risks/action items associated with the projects
- Assist in preparation of all project management artefacts
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and problem solution for risks/issues
- Perform financial analysis and report on program budget
- Supports and assists in the capture and tracking of purchase requisitions, purchase orders and invoices, reporting on variances between actual and spend within the project
- Supports in the development and management of the project resource plan, tracking timekeeping, tracking forecast, identify actuals to ETC variance
- Monitor and track POs, SOWs, invoices, timecards
- Partner with other project coordinators/ Program management teams in the other business units / regions
- Ensure PMO methodology, governance, compliance and regulatory processes are followed
- Establishes appropriate relationships at all levels within the organization to influence and execute strategy/operations
- Assist in preparing status reports and communications to stakeholders
- Assist in project administration activities, including but not limited to preparing meetings, creating/distributing meeting minutes, booking rooms, compose invitee lists, send invites etc.
- Create and maintain an internal project SharePoint site for all documentation, artefacts and key information
- Ensure all project information, documentation and products are correctly identified and stored
- Ensure document control and versioning that provides consistent formatting, naming and version conventions
- Publication of all documents on the project intranet site
- Assist in the creation and distribution of status reports
- Contribute to and cultivate a culture which promotes the development of EPMO capabilities, process excellence, and shared best practice execution
- Gather, review and contribute new ideas, initiatives and projects through global EPMO processes
- Foster a positive, engaging and challenging team environment - focused ‘global’ work environment to ensure high productivity, employee engagement, and optimal performance
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form
- Knowledge of system development life cycle, technology/digital capabilities, business processes and workflow
- Solid understanding of system development methodologies
- Must have the ability to communicate and document complex issues and procedures
- Ability to understand technical concepts (moderate level of complexity)
- Ability to develop processes and to communicate those processes to large groups at various levels within an organization
- Detailed-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative, dynamic team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and activities, deal with change, and work with a variety of personality types
- Strong organizational skills
- Large systems implementation experience
- Advanced skills in MS Project and MS Excel
List any education requirements: Currently completing a Master's/MBA Degree in Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, Business or related field
What’s it like to work @ ServiceNow?
Career growth is a way of life at ServiceNow; our managers truly develop employees. Add new skills to your resume, take on new challenges and discover your full potential.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.