Lead Data Engineer | 30010
Lead Data Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is currently seeking a world class data-engineer to join our Analytics team in Santa Clara. The candidate should be a self-starter working cross functionally with Operations, business & IT stakeholders to fulfill ServiceNow’s data, reporting & analytics needs.
This individual will take responsibility for performing translating business requirements through data analysis & creating scalable data models to support business need. The candidate is expected to be proficient in applying industry best practices for optimal design & development of data warehouse objects. This individual will to adhere to enterprise analytics standards, policies & processes.
A solid background in business intelligence methodologies and prior documented experience with SAP HANA and various databases like SQL Server, Snowflake, MongoDB etc. in a development role is required.
What you get to do in this role:
- Designs, builds and oversees the deployment and operation of technology architecture, solutions and software to capture, manage, store and utilize structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources.
- Establishes and builds processes and structures based on business and technical requirements to channel data from multiple inputs, route appropriately and store using any combination of distributed (cloud) structures, local databases, and other applicable storage forms as required.
- Develops technical tools and programming that leverage artificial intelligence, machine learning and big-data techniques to cleanse, organize and transform data and to maintain, defend and update data structures and integrity on an automated basis.
- Creates and establishes design standards and assurance processes for software, systems and applications development to ensure compatibility and operability of data connections, flows and storage requirements.
- Reviews internal and external business and product requirements for data operations and activity and suggests changes and upgrades to systems and storage to accommodate ongoing needs.
- Assist stakeholders with data analysis, design data models & develop DB Views, Calculation Views etc. in SAP HANA to meet business need
- Lead/Partner with Global Analytics team to help implement solutions for end user adoption
- Develop functional subject matter expertise within various areas of enterprise business processes
- Cross train other team members and convey value delivered on key initiatives to broader organization
In order to be successful in this role we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or similar. Master’s degree preferred
- 6+ years of documented experience as a SQL lead in data warehouse technologies
- 2+ years of SAP HANA experience is a must.
- Expertise in database design & development & SQL on SAP HANA or SQL Serve
- Experience in Leading ad-hoc data analysis, solution design, reporting & dashboard development
- Prior ServiceNow platform experience is a huge plus
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work individually and in a broader geographically disperse team
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.