Senior Corporate Counsel - Marketing & Brand | 22443
Senior Corporate Counsel – Marketing & Brand
Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is seeking an experienced and motivated attorney with 5+ years of relevant marketing and brand support experience to join our legal team. The position will play a key role as a legal partner to marketing and brand teams, advancing ServiceNow’s growing global brand and marketing strategy and managing prosecution and enforcement of ServiceNow’s worldwide trademark portfolio.
This full-time position will be located in Santa Clara, California and will report to the Senior Director, Litigation and Intellectual Property. This is an excellent opportunity to join ServiceNow’s expanding legal team and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What you get to do in this role:
- Provide creative and practical legal support for global marketing and product launches to ensure compliance with IP, advertising, privacy and consumer protection laws
- Negotiate and draft a wide range of marketing and brand-related agreements, including trademark licensing, promotion and event terms, advertising and media agreements, while fostering a close relationship with global marketing, communications, brand, events and partner teams
- Collaborate with brand teams and manage outside counsel to realize strategic trademark protection and brand growth worldwide, overseeing trademark clearance, prosecution and enforcement initiatives
- Lead internal education, training and guideline development on advertising, trademark and copyright topics
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- A JD degree with a strong academic record from an accredited law school
- Current membership in a state bar in good standing
- In-house experience strongly preferred
- Trademark prosecution and brand enforcement experience across all aspects of growing, maintaining and protecting a trademark portfolio
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to foster trust, respect, and collaboration with internal clients
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.