Commissions Analyst | 25661
Title : Commissions Analyst
Location(s) : Hyderabad
This position reports to: Commissions Manager
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
This position will report into the Commission Manager and have responsibility for the global accounting and the commission’s process from end to end. This energetic person will be responsible for data gathering, reconciliations, consolidating, and reporting on all Sales Commission related items. This role will work closely with the Sales Team on sales commission’s reviews and will need to answer any commission related inquiries on a monthly basis. This entails reviewing the system calculations for commission payments as well as all associated financial statement reconciliations including the balance-sheet gross-up of the deferred commissions, payment and sales draw accounting.
What you get to do in this role:
- Maintain processes and procedures to support accurate and timely sales commission’s analysis for all payments generated out of ICM (Varicent).
- Responsible for the administration of set-up of new hires, quotas, and distribution of sales compensation plans within ICM (Varicent).
- Provide regular support and training to the users of the ICM (Varicent) tool.
- Responsible for reconciling all closed deals on a monthly basis to our in house CRM tool.
- The point of contact to answer and resolve questions regarding commission related issues
- Validate commission calculations with Sales compensation plans, draws, credits, etc.
- Prepare and review month end accounting reconciliations for commissions.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of deferred commissions in the financial statements.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with approved policies and procedures.
- Assist in ensuring all financial reporting deadlines are met, help maintain checklists and calendars.
- Monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university
- 5+ years relevant industry accounting experience, including process and system experience
- Prior SaaS or software industry experience, commissions experience, and a general understanding of revenue recognition preferred
- Demonstrates ability to drive the month-end accounting close process
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage projects and deadlines, organized and efficient.
- Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment at a company growing in revenue currently in excess of 90% year-over-year
- Proficient in data entry systems, primarily ICM (Varicent)
- High degree of ownership, willing to take on tasks and projects outside of immediate responsibilities.
- Team player, dependable and flexible.
- Attention to detail in all areas.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.