Senior Technical Implementation Consultant | 30519
Job Title: Senior Technical Implementation Consultant
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Customer Outcomes team at ServiceNow work with our customers to help them achieve their business outcomes by providing prescriptive guidance that accelerates their success. As part of the Customer Outcomes team, you will work with our customers to drive consumption, adoption, and customer satisfaction and ultimately help our customers grow their business on the ServiceNow platform by realising the value of their ServiceNow investment.
Role: The role of the Senior Technical Consultant is to bring a deep understanding of their area of specialty to the project team in order to influence the implementation of our product.
What you get to do in this role:
- Use your excellent communication skills to lead all the technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery including presenting technical and business concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
- You will be a key member of our expert team and will configure Applications, Workflows and UI and use your customer centric interpersonal skills to work in culturally diverse, matrixed project teams.
- You will bring gravitas to customer meetings and workshops and be able to identify customer use cases, requirements and other relevant inputs for the overall success of the deployment.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute your innovation ideas for best practices, service offerings, and implementation methodology to the wider global team in customer outcomes as well as our ITOM product team.
- You will use your passion for leadership and knowledge sharing to guide and mentor both colleagues, customers and our delivery partners in configuration best practices for the ITOM application suite
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has a strong technical understanding of Infrastructure and Operations Management, coupled with demonstrated experience in influencing and consulting. You will also have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Strong Infrastructure knowledge of current Compute, Network and Storage platforms
- Advanced and current understanding (and practice) in Windows Domain and Unix System Administration. Including the understanding of described domain structures, user permission levels, group policy objects and the execution of SUDO Policies.
- IT Operations experience in Enterprise Environments
- Current Knowledge of common IP Protocols and experience at troubleshooting Network connectivity and firewall issues
- Experience with Monitoring tools such as SCOM, SolarWinds & Netcool
- Integration expertise with standard methodologies, such as SOAP, REST, etc
- Automation experience, either self-built or using tools such as Puppet / Chef / Ansible
- Knowledge of typical tiered application Architectures ( Micro-services, Portal Applications, Client / Server, etc)
- Cloud Management Platforms such as AWS, VMware, Azure, Google, etc.
- ITIL / CMDB implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
- Prior and current technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technologies
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology and proven experience in technical consulting roles
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.