Director, Sales Compensation | 29954
Job: Director, Sales Compensation
Location: Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking a Director of Sales Compensation to join our Global Sales Compensation organization to drive sales incentive compensation plan design, implementation, communication, monitoring and reporting of commission-based compensation. This position resides within the Sales Finance and Customer Operations organization. The preferred candidate will have hands on experience supporting a rapidly growing sales organization and interacting with Sales Leadership, is comfortable driving the annual sales compensation process, has strong attention to detail, has the ability to build financial and costing models, and has strong communication skills. This individual will work cross-functionally across sales, operations, HR and Finance, with the primary objective of assisting in creating compensation programs that motivate sales to surpass their targets.
The Director of Sales Compensation will drive sales incentive compensation plan design, implementation, communication, monitoring and reporting of commission-based compensation. The role reports to the Sr. Director, Global Sales Compensation and will have a team of analysts. The role primarily supports the Field Sales organization and collaborates regularly with cross-functional teams including Finance, HR and IT
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive the annual Sales Incentive Compensation planning and design process. Define the right set of metrics that map to our sales goals and strategy and design all elements of the sales plan. This will require close collaboration with the sales leadership team and finance.
- Validate quotas across the organization
- Drive administration of sales commissions, ensuring timely and accurate payouts to the fields
- Help in the design of compensation systems, and work with the IT team to ensure we have the right systems design and execution process
- Partner with Finance, Sales, HR and business leaders to ensure sales plans include line-of-sight business metrics and drive intended focus and behaviors to achieve financial objectives.
- Manage the development and implementation of supplemental Bonus programs and Awards & Recognition programs for a global Sales organizations
- Provide analytical support regarding ad hoc research and other related variable pay projects as identified by management.
- Drive best practices for incentive compensation plan design (pay mix, metrics, weight & mechanics, etc.), implementation, communication and administration; ensuring sales incentive compensation plans alignment with business strategy and organizational goals
- Continuously monitor sales performance against incentive plan metrics to ensure incentive plan effectiveness, efficiencies and accuracy
- Provide regular timely and accurate reporting and analysis on incentive compensation trending, payments and other related items
- Implement compensation plan documents and sales incentive training programs for plan participants
- Must be based in Santa Clara County
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience driving vision, strategy, and roadmap for sales compensation
- Thorough understanding of compensation applications and related data sources
- 5-7 years of experience managing a team of compensation and business analysts
- Relevant experience in a SaaS environment
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.