Business Operations Strategy Leader, Operational Excellence | 22716
Business Operations Strategy Leader, Operational Excellence
Santa Clara or San Francisco, CA
This position reports to: Head of Operational Excellence
ServiceNow makes work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and products streamline and simplify how work gets done. We are the fastest growing enterprise cloud software company in the world.
To continue to our rapid growth, we are creating a new team within Corporate Strategy that will lead the development of core central operational capabilities. These critical capabilities will enable us to grow and scale the business in a healthy and sustainable manner and will accelerate the delivery value on ServiceNow’s highest priority, most complex organizational initiatives.
Our Business Operations Strategy Leader in Operational Excellence reports to the Head of Operational Excellence and will develop business cases and measure value outcomes of Operational Excellence initiatives. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented leader with both strategic and operational experience in a high-growth organization who can drive programs to to measure and achieve business value outcomes. This role is full time and located in either our Santa Clara or San Francisco offices.
- Partner with the Head of Operational Excellent and Portfolio Leader to manage budget, pipeline intake, and business case development, business value measurements, and development of reports, dashboards, and actionable insights.
- Develop and validate business value drivers and business cases for major programs, prioritize transformation program investments, and track delivery to business value outcomes as programs are executed.
- Quantify business value of strategic initiatives and programs and create CXO ready presentations and dashboards
- Monitor the execution of annual strategic priorities across the company to ensure we are achieving goals and hitting KPIs and deliverables, stepping in to re-align and drive improvements as needed
- Establish KPI’s to assess strength of operational excellence program portfolio mix and manage team to track and analyze on an on-going basis
- Create a common scorecard to measure initiative performance and establish quarterly KPIs
- Inform the overall allocation of portfolio budget and resources in alignment with corporate and product strategy, balancing across core, growth, and innovation areas of the portfolio
- Monitor the metrics of all projects for significant deviations in quality, schedule, or cost
- Act as a strategic liaison between executives, business management/employees, and the project management office and develop executive level presentations and present as needed
- Jump in as needed to provide program delivery or change management leadership for Operational Excellence initiatives
- 10+ years of total work experience with 7+ years post-MBA at a top management consulting firm, private equity, or strategy and operations at a technology company (or similar)
- Energetic self-starter with a proven track record for getting things done in a high-growth, ambiguous environment
- Highly skilled at building trusted relationships and influencing others, particularly with executive leadership teams
- Proven ability to collaborate with and influence both leadership and working teams, demonstrating authority and credibility to act, make sound decisions and drive alignment
- Strong understanding of the ‘heart of the business’ and experience working directly or indirectly with various business functions and multiple aspects of the business value chain, from business and product development to downstream support operations
- Ability to think strategically, understand the big picture and connect the dots between strategy and operational priorities, as well as translate the strategy into effective execution and tangible outcomes
- Creative thinking, flexibility and adaptability, with the ability to bring new ideas and approaches to the table, as well as the ability to tailor the approach to meet ServiceNow’s needs and quickly pivot as business circumstances evolve
- Effective communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Strong level of comfort with business and technical discussions, with the ability to understand and articulate the business impacts of technical actions and vice versa
- Familiarity with the enterprise software/ SaaS industry a plus, including ability to speak to market and competitive trends and confidently articulate ServiceNow’s solution set
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.