Principal Product Manager | 31836
IT Business Management enables end to end lifecycle for managing investments, right from ideation, business case preparation, prioritization, funding, and delivery. It enables organizations to
• Plan and prioritize initiatives/investments in alignment with their strategies and business outcomes
• Ensure resource alignment with approved initiatives
• Manage and track approved initiatives
• Deliver on business outcomes identified to create continuous value
At ServiceNow, we're disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager focused on defining and delivering solutions for IT Business Management product suite. This person will thrive as an individual contributor on our talented product team and work collaboratively to shape our solution in the Business Outcome Management area and ensure integration with other product areas. Product Managers understand the market, manage a backlog, and work with technical teams to deliver features that delight our customers and generate revenue.
What you get to do in this role:
• Create market validated use cases and lead ideation.
• Interact with enterprise stakeholders, customers, end-users, and prospects to gather and test requirements.
• Develop and maintain the roadmap for your product areas for short-term and long-term releases.
• Work with product development and design teams to formulate solutions for our IT Business Management product offering.
• Define and prioritize the backlog of work including the creation of stories for new features, enhancements to existing features and be data-driven in prioritizing features and quality improvements.
• Be the voice of the customer, providing customer and business value perspective during day-to-day conversations with development.
• Coordinate across multiple stakeholders (engineering, marketing, customers, and partners) to understand needs, manage expectations, and feature tradeoff decisions.
• Work with global 2000 customers, some of the best brand names in the world, to determine needs, unmet needs, business goals, product usage, and refine ideas with concepts and product feedback.
• Maintain a firm grasp of the competitive landscape and identify areas of competitive differentiation for internal consumption and competitive programs.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
• Knowledge in Project Management, Portfolio Management, Resource Management and Agile delivery domain, and experience in developing tools/applications in these areas.
- Experience with competitive products in project and portfolio management domain will be an added advantage.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner, Consultant, or technical Product Analyst in a commercial software product company
• The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible
• Simultaneously do future product planning, current sprint management, and drive product adoption activities
• Passion about delivering exceptional user experiences
• Passion about our products and the possibilities that come from building a world-class ecosystem of customers and partners
• The ability to generate ideas for how our products can make our customers more successful
• Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
• Comfortable delivering product presentations to large audiences
• Operates fluently in a fast-paced autonomous environment
• Thrives in ambiguity
• Demonstrates creativity and outside the box problem solving
• Leads from the front with sleeves rolled up
• Sets a high bar for themselves, their team, and for the business unit
• Should be able to travel up to 25%.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.