Content Producer, Employee Storytelling | 32422
Position Title: Content Producer, Employee Storytelling
Location: Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Managing Editor, Employee Storytelling
Who We Are:
Some great ideas are born in the garage. Others in a coffee shop. Or over pizza and drinks. Others on the porch. Some form like the perfect wave. We want ideators at ServiceNow.
ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 Billion, is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud‑based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are passionate about our products, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be learning, growing, and striving to be the best version of yourself possible. And we enjoy the journey together.
What You’ll Do:
ServiceNow is seeking a talented content creator with a passion for writing and storytelling to join our growing employee storytelling team, a part of our larger Talent Marketing and Employee Communications team. You’ll play an integral part in creating compelling content that inspires employees and drives differentiation for ServiceNow’s talent brand. This role will be responsible for translating life and work at ServiceNow into engaging, shareable stories. You’ll understand the importance of creating branded content via an omnichannel strategy that delivers measurable business outcomes, while optimizing for ability to share and engage. And you’ll know how to create best practices and processes that deliver clear, consistent communications at scale. You must have an extreme love for creative short-form and long-form writing, attention-grabbing, human-centric storytelling and be able to come up with compelling content quickly in a fast-paced environment.
This is a highly collaborative role, requiring strong global partnership with our Talent Acquisition, Global Communications, Brand, Marketing, DIBs (Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging), and Global Impact teams and works closely with visual creatives (art directors, video producers and designers) for the final product.
How You’ll Do It:
- Support creation, execution, and amplification of compelling content and experiences.
- Develop ideas for original, thematic content that appeal to a global employee base, including interactive content, blog posts, long and short-form stories, videos, and infographics.
- Work cross-functionally with other ServiceNow channel owners, with an emphasis on content creation for recruiting personas, DIBs, and Global Impact
- Review copy, edit, and consult on content created by others.
- Collaborate across the organization to advise and develop new content, storyline themes, and targets; help manage cross-department editorial calendar updates.
- Develop standards, processes, and best practices for content creation, ensuring all content conveys brand voice and tone, personality, and meets high quality standards.
- Collaborate with diverse teams to identify upcoming content needs; advise on publication of content based on channel and historical content performance.
- Creative, visual storyteller with an eye for detail and a great sense of humor.
- Collaborate with creative teams to bring stories to life in fun and unique ways.
- Help team with monthly and quarterly monitoring of the performance of content, analyzing insights, and recommending ways to improve participation, engagement, and action.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- 3-5 years of work experience.
- Journalist skills: strong researcher, engaging interviewer, visual storyteller, top-notch editor/copywriter; graphic design a plus.
- Ability to research and write top-notch copy, headlines, photo cut lines, graphics, and posts.
- Technical fluency: ability to quickly understand technical topics and translate them into simple, human-interest engaging stories.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, their respective participants, (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) and how each can be used to engage internal audiences.
- Ability to identify societal and business trends and cultivate copy to showcase company’s purpose and culture.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and able to independently prioritize shifting workloads in a high growth, ever changing environment.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers by working with world-class creative, technical and business leaders.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.