Director, APJ Deal Desk | 24471
Updated: July 2019
Title: Director, APJ Deal Desk
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is currently seeking a highly motivated Director of APJ Deal Desk located in our Singapore office. This leadership role is responsible for managing a team that works with customers, sales teams, legal, revenue, operations, business units and other cross functional teams to facilitate deal closure efforts and assure all commercial terms are captured upon time of close. The primary focus of the Deal Desk team is helping structure the most commercially viable business proposals for ServiceNow and our customers/prospects, while addressing the diverse needs of internal corporate customers, maximizing revenue, and helping increase the effectiveness and productivity of our sales teams. This role is the business partner and liaison to the field sales organization for non-standard transactions, at times working directly with ServiceNow customers to solution unique business requirements.
- Lead and develop a team of motivated, customer focused deal desk professionals located across the APJ region
- Actively participate in deal reviews with prospects, sales teams, and management
- Partner with the APJ sales team to drive the process for configuring policy-compliant strategic deals
- Provide pricing guidance & discount approval support to Senior Sales Leadership
- Work with c-suite executive across business and finance disciplines to develop effective value positions that align with client requirements and business strategies
- Act as a liaison, working cross functionally across multiple groups, such as sales, revenue, sales ops, order management, to help design and execute on sales and deal strategies
- Provide deal structuring education to sales to maximize deal viability early in sales cycle
- Identify and implement process improvements to shorten deal close cycles, minimize risk and maximize revenue
- Progress and share best practices with the worldwide team, ensuring adoption and standardization across regions
- Support business cases by assisting with modeling and analysis to support value-based discussions
- Ad hoc responsibilities as needed
- 10+ years of broad experience across sales, deals desk, finance, contracts, sales operations, or revenue role; software/Xaas experience required
- B.S. and/or MS in Business Administration; advanced accounting or financial certification preferred but not required
- A thorough understanding of the sales process and the ability to navigate and progress long, complex sales cycles
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills throughout all organizational levels – both verbal and written
- Comfortable with and well recognized for taking complex, unstructured situations and leading the room (both customer and internal) in getting clarity, understanding and agreement
- Expert customer facing negotiation and partnering skills to understand customer needs and tailor an optimal solution for all parties
- Understanding of IFRS international accounting standards associated with revenue
- Familiarity with SaaS pricing and packaging models/strategies
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Able to adapt to a constantly changing environment; flexibility to work extended hours during peak periods and across multiple timezones
- Occasional travel will be required, primarily across the Asia Pacific region
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.