Director, Product Marketing, Risk | 23972
Director, Product Marketing, Risk
Location(s): Santa Clara, CA or Remote plus travel
This position reports to: Senior Director, Product Marketing, Security and Risk Business Units
ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise software company over $1 Billion in revenue and #1 on the Forbes list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud‑based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We apply that disruptive thinking about the way people work to Governance, Risk, and Compliance programs and are leading the market toward a next generation approach to managing digital risk and seamlessly embedding risk management throughout the business. We are seeking a Director of Product Marketing for Integrated Risk Management to drive a marketing strategy and market influencing campaign that will help our prospects and customers understand what is possible with ServiceNow. We need someone that is an action-oriented leader who can shape a new and disruptive conversation in the market around how our risk offering can help organizations enable digital transformation with a holistic approach to managing IT, operational, and strategic risks. You must be able to thrive as a working manager, work within the security and risk product marketing team as well as lead other marketing professionals throughout our matrixed organization to promote the vision and value of ServiceNow in integrated risk management.
What you get to do in this role:
- Direct product market strategy for Risk product line in partnership with PMMs, field marketing and other functional teams
- Work with other product marketing team members to success against KPIS as well as career growth
- Define and execute product marketing deliverables and thought leadership programs —including but not limited to product launches, technology partner programs, and enablement materials for ServiceNow Solution Consultants, partners, and customers
- Develop compelling product messaging and cascade it into all product marketing deliverables and thought leadership programs
- Lead product marketing programs such that sales teams and partner organizations are properly informed about product details, messaging, sales tools and collateral, pricing, and release schedules
- Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Develop customer success relationships and build a portfolio of happy customers that can be used as Sales references and public Case Studies
- Partner with product management to achieve a shared understanding of the security market and desired product direction for ServiceNow.
- Engage in the release planning process, providing input based on market experience, customer engagement and research.
- Craft and evolve a messaging strategy around how Risk complements and augments the rest of the ServiceNow portfolio
- Educate and influence the analyst community to position ServiceNow as a leader, and to help analysts understand how to properly communicate ServiceNow value propositions for security to their clients and accurately represent ServiceNow strengths and weaknesses relative to the competition.
- Present publicly and internally to evangelize and champion ServiceNow products
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Required: 10+ years of experience in product marketing or product management
- Required: 5+ years of experience marketing operational risk, compliance, or similar experience marketing and consulting within the domain
- Ability to define and direct strategic messaging, positioning, and partnering stories
- A zest for public speaking and track record of thought leadership on the topics of integrated risk management and business continuity management
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, partners, and customers
- Established relations with analysts in this space
- Up to 25% annually (possibly more if remote)
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.