Principal Software Engineer | 25570
Title: Principal Software Engineer - ITOM Architect
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA (HQ)
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Come join the IT Operations Management (ITOM) engineering team and work with a talented group of engineers and data scientists to bring unique and cutting-edge AI solutions through Data Science, Machine Learning and Intelligence to ServiceNow’s IT products.
You will have a leadership role on the various engineering teams and data science team, exploring operations data, developing new models, and driving the development of new software services that help our customers monitor operational health and solve operational problems quickly.
In this role, you will:
- Explore the relationship between high-speed operational data and IT context (configuration management, tickets, change tracking, etc.)
- Co-pilot the expansion of machine learning into new products with our product management and internal operations teams
- Enhance our existing capabilities for alert correlation, metric anomaly detection and probabilistic root cause analysis
- Lead the development and implementation of ML for full productization
- Design and architect various modules for more cohesive and comprehensive solutions for ITOM
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 15+ years’ experience in software development:
- Solid software development skills and understanding of enterprise software development methodology
- Expertise in developing highly scalable cloud solutions
- Demonstrated ability to deploy machine learning solutions
- Proven track record solving industrial problems with data
- Experience evaluating and developing new machine learning algorithms
- Strong background in statistics, probability, and machine learning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Python scientific stack
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Proficient in Java
- Prior experience in IT operations analyzing large-scale machine generated data (logs, events, metric, etc.) a plus
- E./B.Tech./M.E./M.S./M.Tech. from Computer Science, Electronics and Communications and Electrical Engineering fields with excellent academic record
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.