Services Portfolio Manager - ITSM | 24665
Job Title: Services Portfolio Manager - ITSM
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Customer Outcomes team at ServiceNow works with customers to help them achieve their business outcomes by providing prescriptive guidance. As part of the Customer Outcomes team, you will work with our customers to drive consumption, adoption, and customer satisfaction and ultimately help our customers realize maximum business value from their investment in the ServiceNow platform.
The ITSM Services Portfolio Manager is a key position within the Customer Outcomes organization, responsible as the subject matter expert developing ITSM ServiceNow leading practice assets supporting:
- Professional service engagements related to ITSM (process guides, presentations, value realization metrics etc.)
- Business Process Consultants, Technical Consultants and Eco-system on the ServiceNow ITSM portfolio.
- Supporting other business materials of the ITSM portfolio
This requires a highly focused and structured individual with vision who can instigate and drive change.
What you get to do in this role
- Responsible for the creation, deployment and maintenance of ServiceNow ITSM Leading Practices assets including process documents, workshop materials, stories, use cases, collaborating closely with colleagues across geographies.
- Support the development of the ITSM Services product portfolio through critical insight of industry trends and customer needs.
- Build Trust and Establish Thought Leadership through publication activities: Knowledge Articles, White Papers, Wiki, Community, Blogs, Templates, Capability Content, etc.
- Provide feedback into the Product Teams for Continual Improvement of Product Capabilities, Features and Interoperability in consideration of Customer Needs and Requirements
- Identifying areas of ITSM process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommend solutions that detail pros, cons and risks
- Liaise with ITSM BU product teams to ensure best practice collaboration and alignment, product roadmap input, and overall partnership in place
- Understand future product release roadmap and its impact to field delivery approach, services offered and enablement needs of the delivery team
- Assess impact of upcoming release to existing sales and delivery collateral, including updates to existing, creation of new and communication and enablement to delivery teams.
- Assist in strategic customer meetings providing deep subject matter expertise.
- Up to 20% travel annually.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Proven experience in defining and deploying 'to be' leading practice ITSM processes and in identifying solutions from a people, process and technology perspective
- Strong understanding and functional experience in ServiceNow ITSM capabilities
- Self-starter, with a high degree of initiative with the ability to work independently, and in a team environment
- Solid project management skills – the ability to meet or exceed deadlines and time lines, balance multiple priorities, and work under pressure are all necessary
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into layman terms
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks)
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with leading ITSM toolsets such as ServiceNow, HP Service Desk, HP Service Manager, CA Service Desk, IBM TSRM/CCMDB and Remedy ARS
- Minimum of 5+ years of global process management experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of Professional Services experience, ideally within a leading consultancy company.
- Proficient in process management competences.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office suite)
- A degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification required. ITIL Expert or Service Manager Certification preferred. Experience with other frameworks such as IT4IT, DevOps an advantage.
- BPM training/certification preferred
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.