Senior Director | 22701
Job Title: Senior Director
Location(s): Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to:AVP US Commercial Sales
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a proven, experienced sales leader to be responsible for the overall sales strategy and execution for the Commercial West Sales territory. They will implement and execute growth plans to create demand in the market while leading, developing and managing a team of field-based sales account executive, in a matrixed sales model. The sales leader will be focused on over-achieving with strong management skills and a consistent track record of exceeding quota in a fast-paced sales environment. They will be a strategic, analytical thinker and know how to leverage data to make decisions and execute on annual and quarterly sales plans. They will have a high level of integrity, strong presentation and communication skills, and a passion for winning.
What you get to do in this role:
- Continue to scale and grow a territory by meeting and exceeding an assigned team quota
- Execute on both vertical and horizontal sales strategies
- Manage and lead a team of four to five 1stline Sales Directors who have five to six Sales Executives.
- Empower and guide your team to build account and territory plans from both tactical and strategic execution perspectives
- Leverage a matrixed sales structure
- Work with solution consulting, professional services, product line sales experts
- Manage your team talent development and consistent recruiting practices
- Be a trusted advisor and leader who sets a high-bar, leading from the front
- Establish and nurture relationships at the highest levels of organizations
- Manage accurate forecasting and communications on a daily basis
- Drive customer success practices across your area
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years’ experience managing a team of field-based sales representatives in a matrixed sales environment in the enterprise software space to commercial customers (5,000 employees and below)
- Strong experience managing multi-tiered customer relationships; demonstrated ability to coach and mentor
- A consistent track record of meeting and exceeding team quotas
- Experience attracting, retaining, and developing high performing, high potential talent through assessing, selecting, onboarding, coaching, and developing
- A track record of managing a growing team in different geographical locations across the United States.
- Superior knowledge and demonstrated skills of sales techniques, customer interaction, customers relations
- Strong forecasting and reporting capabilities
- A proven and consistent track record selling to enterprise level customers and established relationship at the C-suite level
- Strong organization, communication, team work, presentation, problem solving and time management skills
- Experience inspiring the team to follow defined best practices
- The ability to navigate and collaborate through complex opportunities
- A competitive, can do, optimistic, realistic attitude, strong work ethic, humility and excellent team building communication and listening skills
- Successfully managed a team of 50+ to include: Directors/Senior Directors, and Sales Representatives
- The willingness and ability to travel 60% of the time
- A Bachelor’s degree; an MBA is a plus
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.