Director, Social Media | 22677
Director, Social Media, Global Communications
Location: Corporate Headquarters, Santa Clara, Calif.
The Director, Social Media, is a key member of the Global Communications team, tasked with effectively partnering with company stakeholders and relevant audiences to drive awareness, actions and behaviors that support our corporate storytelling. This person will lead and nurture a social media team responsible for developing and implementing the company’s social media strategies and channel governance, as well as oversee the creation and measurement of original ‘social-first’ content.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- The development and execution of social storytelling programs around company initiatives such as brand; business milestones (earnings, M&A, partnerships, new customers); diversity, inclusion and belonging; company culture; technology and product innovation; and global impact.
- The creation of compelling ‘social-first’ content that drives engagement with company stakeholders and target audiences, delivering measurable business outcomes.
- The development and execution of social activations for company events and initiatives.
- Building and implementing social media engagement strategies for company leaders, influencers and employees, aligned with company business objectives.
- Partnering closely with the Marketing team to ensure alignment between company and marketing content, as well as company engagement and marketing demand-generation strategies across all social channels.
- Managing social media tools and platforms to gather insight about conversations and trends relevant to the company, industry and influential communities.
- Leading the evolution of social measurement and reporting, driving a consistent view into both quantitative and qualitative impact.
- Overseeing global governance of all social media channels and policies, including management of social media channels and business partners.
- Managing an integrated social media editorial calendar for the company, ensuring alignment of content and its publication schedule.
- Partnering across global corporate communications with public relations, analyst relations and regional communications teams.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A storyteller at heart, with preferred background in communications, journalism, marketing or digital media.
- 10+ years’ experience leading high-profile, global social media programs and teams, with demonstrated experience in content creation and driving audience engagement.
- 5+ years’ experience in the selection and management of vendors critical to day-to-day operations.
- Measurable experience leading and developing a team of high-performing professionals.
- Highly skilled at interfacing with C-level executives/customers, as well as business- and technical-level subject matter experts.
- Exceptional writing and presenting skills, with the ability to direct story telling across multiple media including blogs, video, infographics, etc.
- Deep knowledge of the latest in social measurement and listening, along with effective use of these tools to drive ongoing strategy and tactics (paid and organic).
- Ability to analyze metrics and use them to improve, adapt programs for better business outcomes.
- Awareness and application of cutting-edge digital content marketing strategies, social media trends and digital engagement best-practices.
- High energy, “can do” personality and ability to thrive in fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- An innovative mindset, with unwavering commitment to creating world-class content.
- A rigorous focus on execution and precise project management.
- Creative, strategic and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a global team.
- Periodic travel is required.
When you join ServiceNow
At ServiceNow, we’re transforming the way people work. With a focus on the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
Of course, we will offer you great pay and other benefits, but we’re about more than that. ServiceNow is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals with strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.