Staff Software Engineer - Backend | 27274
Job Title: Staff Software Engineer - Backend
Location: San Diego, CA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are built on top of ServiceNow platform and provide solution for IT automation, integration, instrumentation and data operations with internal/external customer infrastructure. You will be a key member of a strong scrum team working on exciting environment, with innovative technology
What you get to do in this role:
- You will be developing high quality applications leveraging the industry leading ServiceNow platform
- Working in a Scrum-based Agile development process that is light on documentation and meetings and heavy on coding
- You will be key member in designing and implementing software that is simple, intuitive and easy to use that will allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs
- Play a key role in delivering new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
- Translate requirements into fully functional features by working closely with business and product owners
- Collaborate with cross teams, Product Managers, support engineers
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Over 7+ years of experience designing and building scalable reusable products/components
- Passion for software development, debugging and problem-solving. We are seeking engineers who want to work across technologies and development environments/languages
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Solid understanding of data modeling and databases (MySQL preferred)
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must be comfortable with juggling multiple priorities with the ability to manage time effectively
- Lead and mentor less experienced developers
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
It would be even better if you have:
- Experience with creating enterprise software in one of the application domains in which ServiceNow competes
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform and API’s
- Ability to create high performance, scalable systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages (like Shell, Bash, Perl, Python)
- Hands-on experience with integration mechanisms like web-services, message queues, PowerShell, SSH
EEOE Statement Section
ServiceNow’s EEOE statement is automatically added to each U.S. based job description.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.