Software Engineering Manager | 29971
Job title: Software Engineering Manager
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Performance Analytics and Reporting (PA&R) Team:
We build the core Analytics capabilities that enable customers to report, analyze, and visualize all their data, transforming customer business process information into valuable insights. We deliver ad-hoc reporting, performance scorecards, time series analyses, predictive analytics, and powerful visual dashboards for browser and mobile applications.
This team is part of the wider Platform Engineering function and is one of the fastest growing areas in the company with over 40 developers in Amsterdam planned by the end of 2020. With this growth, we need strong Software Engineering Managers to support innovation, drive productivity and support career development within the group.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will...
- Manage a team of Software Engineers made up of back end, front end and full stack specialists.
- Provide support and guidance to your team ensuring they are working in the most operationally efficient way, and helping to unblock work. We advocate for servant leadership in all of our people managers.
- Provide structure and support when looking at goals, career development plans and offer your team opportunities for learning and development.
- Take a lead in recruiting for your team partnering alongside HR and Talent Acquisition to build world class hiring experience.
- Work with the global talent function to review performance bi-annually and make recommendations for promotions.
- Plan and coordinate complex discussions across teams and handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Execute the delivery of high-quality releases on time by working closely with Product Management, Design, Support and other Software Engineering teams.
- Share best practice and knowledge with your peers globally, syncing up with senior leaders from the US and India.
- Report into the Senior Director of Engineering for PA&R and support on any leadership conversations.
We are looking for...
- Significant experience in Software Engineering with ideally 2+ years in people management.
- Passion for building great Software Enigneer experiences.
- Someone who can inspire their team and understand the unique motivations of individuals.
- Abiity to execute the delivery of high-quality releases on time.
- Ability to identify, recruit, cultivate and retain high performing Software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Experience in building and delivering Web Applications that use a relational database.
- Experience working in software, platform and infrastructure delivered as a service.
This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.