Staff Systems Engineer - Production Systems & Databases | 29413
Job title: Staff Systems Engineer - Production Systems & Databases
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
- Extensive system, network, and database skills to provide technical support for ServiceNow customers
- The ability to Identify and address technical issues within our customers infrastructure and drive to service restoration (MTTR)
- Drive initiatives with partner teams to improve the reliability and performance of the infrastructure through improved system design
- Develop and maintain knowledge-base articles and standard operating procedures
- Participate in a 24/7 global on-call rotation for production support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, 24/7 production environment supporting critical, real-time applications
- A true passion to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Full working rights in Ireland.
- An in-depth understanding of the technology associated with operating a service or platform in the public or private cloud, including datacenters, systems, networks, web applications, and relational databases
- 5 years of experience in Linux enterprise service operations, SRE, or Systems Engineering
- Meticulous analytical skills to identify and understand the root cause of critical issues
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Familiarity with Networking technologies such as routing, switching, DNS, load balancing, and CDN is a plus
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle or similar database technologies
- Working knowledge of BASH, Python, Perl or other scripting languages
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.