Technical Curriculum Developer/Instructional Designer | 23104
Job Title: Technical Curriculum Developer/Instructional Designer
Location(s): San Diego, CA
This position reports
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Learn the ServiceNow platform in-depth to determine how best to educate customers, partners, and employees in the use of the technology in a way that aligns with the product roadmap, customer needs, and compliance with best practices.
- Conduct interviews/learning needs assessments to identify knowledge and skills gaps, and relevant training requirements.
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop course specifications, gather course content, and develop materials.
- Execute on end-to-end planning, design, and development of engaging learning activities and compelling technical course content across multiple products and at a variety of expertise levels and
rolesthatenhances retention and transfer of learningfordelivery via instructor-led, virtual, eLearning, job aids and recorded formats.
- Incorporate technology and adult learning theory to increase offerings of training solutions (audio, video, interactions, simulations, role plays, games, etc).
- Review feedback and refine course materials based on feedback to support instructor and learner needs.
- Develop and manage delta updates to courseware and marketing documentation to ensure up-to-date knowledge throughout each release of the ServiceNow platform.
- Provide train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Contribute to exam materials, including scenarios, multiple-choice, and other item formats for use in testing ServiceNow platform knowledge.
- Manage instructional design projects from inception to completion, providing leadership, project coordination, and cross-functional collaboration with work teams throughout ServiceNow.
- Travel up to 20% (worldwide) per year.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
yearshands-on experience with the ServiceNow platform.
yearsprevious technical training/eLearning/instructional design experience.
- Experience in rapid development and quick turnaround of training deliverables.
- Developed and used graphics, templates, and icons in instructional design work.
- Incorporated measurements and assessments into learning programs.
- Utilized effective project management techniques to organize training projects and to ensure quality.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of eLearning technologies, such as authoring tools (e.g. Articulate 360, Captivate) and design/development tools (e.g., SnagIt, Camtasia, ScreenFlow).
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and web conferencing applications (e.g. Zoom, WebEx).
- A high level of flexibility, creativity
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.