Principal Cloud DevOps Engineer | 22908
Job Title: Principal Cloud DevOps Engineer
Location(s): Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Director, IT Cloud Services
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- As a Principal Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will be a member of the IT Infrastructure Systems team leading our Infrastructure as a code initiative for our hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Architect, Build and Maintain the CI/CD infrastructure
- Influence & manage all aspects of automation for our hybrid infrastructure
- Build tools and solutions that will drive continuous improvement around Performance, Reliability, Availability & Scalability of our infrastructure
- Evangelize automation best practices and emerging trends
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 8+ year of experience Leading, designing, building and operating large hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Expert level experience with Linux Operating System & internals
- Advanced level experience working with CI & Build tools
- Advanced to intermediate level experience with Public cloud platform like Azure, GCP & AWS
- Advanced level experience working with one or more config management & orchestration tools like Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Salt or Chef
- Intermediate Experience with containerization (e.g. Kubernetes and Docker)
- Intermediate to advanced level experience managing VMware ESXi
- Intermediate to advanced level experience managing traditional or cloud storage solutions
- Intermediate to advanced level experience working with F5 or similar load balancing platforms
- Direct experience coding in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, ServiceNow’s Glide API, Bash, or Perl
- Experience building and operating monitoring tools for traditional and cloud environments
- Experience with ServiceNow Platform is a plus
- Strong analytical mind for problem solving
- Exceptional English communication skills, both written and verbal. This includes listening skills and an open attitude toward constructive feedback.
- Ability to work both with a global team and individually
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.