Technical Instructional Designer for Risk & Compliance | 23606
Job Title: Technical Instructional Designer for Risk & Compliance
Location(s): San Diego, CA
This position reports to: Curriculum Manager, Training and Certification
ServiceNow makes the world of work, work better for people. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks, and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
The ServiceNow Training and Certification organization is highly adaptable, innovative, and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Create and develop technical course content (across multiple products) at a variety of skills levels and personas in instructor-led course, digital (eLearning), simulator environments and/or videos.
- Working as an experienced Curriculum Developer, you will be part of a team that ensures the success of new and existing courseware.
- Familiarize yourself and become a subject-matter expert (SME) for several products and stay up-to-date on release changes by participating in pre-release knowledge sessions and stakeholder workshops.
- Complete course updates for existing content for every release by completing detailed analysis of delta changes, edits, template updates, and the use of graphics and iconography.
- Update class instances and set-up data packages of ServiceNow for each release.
- Perform and manage QA and feedback of content, including technical labs and simulator tasks.
- Be a valuable team player that interacts with the technical project coordinator, Instructors, and cross-functional work teams, key stakeholders, and subject matter experts to develop course specifications and gather course content.
- Create certification exam materials, including scenarios, multiple-choice, and other item formats for use in testing knowledge.
- Travel up to 20% (worldwide) per year.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has proven experience:
- 2-5 years previous technical training/eLearning/instructional design experience.
- 2-5 years hands-on experience implementing or has participated as an implementation team member for a ServiceNow installation.
- Worked as a successful field consultant in collaboration with partners and customers.
- Background in Risk and Compliance or Customer Service Management or software/field consulting preferred.
- Experience in Agile or rapid development and quick turnaround of training deliverables.
- Develops and uses graphics, templates, and icons throughout instructional design work.
- Operates with a high performance, Growth-Mindset attitude that results in flexibility, creativity, and wiliness to work independently by displaying dependability and accountability of meeting deadlines and contributing to problem solving.
- Incorporates measurement and assessments into all learning content.
- Constructs quality content for technical training based on industry design standards, processes, and incorporating user and stakeholder feedback.
- Produces artifacts throughout the design process for each course or certification assessment project (Examples include - scoping training request documentation, storyboards, project plans, sprints, scripts, eBooks, course outlines, data sheets and marketing copy.)
- Utilizes effective project management techniques to organize training projects and to ensure quality.
- Communicates to stakeholders and team members with articulate and detailed presentations and ability to effectively lead productive meetings.
- Proven experience in a technical training/instructional design environment required.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of eLearning technologies, such as authoring tools (e.g. Articulate 360, Captivate) and design/development tools (e.g., SnagIt, Camtasia, ScreenFlow).
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and web conferencing applications.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.