Sr. Principal Product Manager, Platform AI | 29670
Principal Product Manager, Platform AI
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
Come join our Platform AI (Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning) team and create core capabilities that power key next-generation ServiceNow solutions/products such as virtual assistants, chatbots, cognitive search, employee experience platforms, automatic knowledge curation, proactive customer service, and employee experience platforms. We are truly defining the future of work.
As we scale our cutting-edge technology across our customer base, we are looking for a hands-on, highly motivated individual who can help our product team consistently respond to multiple competing priorities, drive rapid adoption, and generate substantial business value. Your mission will be to empower application developers on the ServiceNow platform, enabling them to build “AI-first” applications that drive outstanding user experiences; automate routine work; and provide insights and recommendations to optimize business processes. If we succeed, natural language interactions and intelligent automation & recommendations will be ubiquitous across the NOW platform.
What you get to do in this role:
- Product Strategy
- Drive product vision and strategy that delight ServiceNow’s customers and developer community and help us stand out in the marketplace
- Collaborate with researchers and designers on defining and testing innovative ideas
- Validate product designs and prototypes with customers
- Own technical/feature-based competitive analysis
- Engage internal stakeholders and partners to obtain necessary inputs for product strategy & roadmap, get buy-in/commitments, and manage expectations
- Customer Insights
- Understand how customers are using the product, gains & pains, reasons for low usage
- Develop/refine user personas and use cases
- Know top representative 5-10 customers intimately, their specific use cases, gains & pains
- Be the voice of the customer and provide a business perspective on value
- Product Planning and Release Management
- Define product roadmap and key success metrics; ensure they are instrumented & reviewed
- Gather, prioritize and define requirements for each release
- Create alignment with other BUs
- Create feature plans for each release, including acceptance criteria, use cases, etc.
- Collaborate with engineering on release management: understand status, risks, dependencies and help address risks and resolve issues
- Pricing and Packaging
- Collaborate with the central pricing team and provide recommendations to the Pricing Committee on the product’s pricing and packaging
- Implement packaging definitions in the product and build necessary license and entitlement verifications
- Create base documentation and enable Outbound PM and Docs team
- Work with Now on Now team to deliver content and make sure product is being used internally and aligned with best practices
- Lead press and analyst briefings
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 12+ years of professional experience in Product Management
- Deep experience with data science, AI, ML, or analytics, either through a degree in technical and/or numerical disciplines like Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience delivering AI-powered products/solutions
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible, desirable, and viable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible
- Strong prioritization skills and the discipline to focus on high impact activities.... to do this, you must be good at saying, 'no' and having folks accept it.... to do this, you must be good at articulating how prioritized initiatives will benefit them
- Top notch written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming product requirements into an actionable product roadmap
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Passion for design thinking, product management best practices and shaping the future of how enterprises will collaborate
- Ability to travel approximately 15%
- Experience deriving insight from data and using it to transform business and/or operations.
- Experience working with ServiceNow
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment with ambiguity and complexity
EEOE Statement Section
ServiceNow’s EEOE statement is automatically added to each U.S. based job description.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.