Manager, Innovation Development Operations | 22061
Manager, Innovation Development Operations
Location: San Diego, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is offering an exciting opportunity for an individual with Operations Management Experience who has built and/or managed high performing teams. Additionally, we are looking for ServiceNow technical experience and strong leadership abilities to manage the day to day operations of the Innovation Development team in the Solution Consulting organization. The Innovation Development team will deliver custom service portals, API integrations, virtual agent conversations, mobile applications as well as provide application development assistance to Solution Consultants in a rapid and repeatable manner. The solutions delivered by this organization are polished prototypes, demos and proofs of concepts of apps and platform solutions that are presented to customers and prospective customers to demonstrate the capabilities of the Now Platform.
This role will supervise and lead a team of emerging solution developers in building and enhancing pre-sales solutions on the ServiceNow platform. (inspiring coaching leading young talent). The Manager of Innovation Development Operations will report to the Director of Solution Innovation Development. The position will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Innovation Development team that includes (prioritizing) qualifying requests, managing and assigning development work, ensuring timely delivery, adopting and updating development best practices leveraged as well as improving the efficiency of the team and ensuring that the team’s offerings and performance align with Solution Consulting and Sales Organization changing needs.
What you get to do in this role:
- Coordinate development and deliver Custom Service Portals, Virtual Agent Conversations, API Integrations, and Provide Application Development Assistance to global solution consulting
- Qualifies field requests and assigns/manages development work to delivery
- Tracks and Reports Metrics to Leadership on Operations and Utilization of Team by Solution Consulting.
- Manages & Measures Development Team Operational Efficiency (Timeliness, Quality and Reusability)
- Mentors/coaches solution developers in Solution Consulting
- Ensures solutions are shared with organization.
- Updates Innovation Team Offerings/Templates to address needs of Solution Consulting.
- Manages and Forecasts Demand through coordination with Area & Industry Vertical SC Managers
- Ensures team members are trained on the ServiceNow platform and are matched with user stories and tasks that meet their skill set
- Provide application development assistance to a global solution consulting organization
- Interact with User Experience Designers to ensure solutions provide consistent experience
- Solving complex problems in a highly dynamic and agile environment with moderate guidance
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with contributors from across the globe
- Learning ascending technologies, and willingness to learn enough to integrate with them
In order to be successful in this role, we are seeking someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of solution consulting and software development experience in enterprise software and/or building web services and service portals at scale
- Leadership, coaching, and organizational skills
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills and customer presentation skills
- Experience in ServiceNow application customization and ServiceNow scripting
- ServiceNow application development experience
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer Certification
- Demonstrates strong coding style and practices
- Ability to quickly shift focus and manage/coordinate multiple projects
- Excellent team player
- Deep familiarity with the capabilities available on the Now Platform
- Customized ServiceNow applications and built reports and KPIs with the ServiceNow standard reporting tool and Performance Analytics offering
- Experience working on process consulting, solution designing, integrations and implementation process
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary development team, including UI/UX designers, front-end developers, and back-end ServiceNow developers
- Exhibits prior and current technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technology.
- Ability to execute against multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment to deliver applications that resonate with users
- Strong people development, including coaching and mentoring for technical roles
- Strong requirements gathering experience working with both business users and end users
- Experience in custom application development on cloud development platforms
- Passion for software development and problem-solving
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Attitude: Be self-motivated. Be polite. Be respectful. Be humble. Get work done!
- Sales Leadership
- Solution Consulting Leadership
- Solution Innovation Team
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
Expected Travel: 25-30%
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.