ITAM Specialist | 22163
This position reports to: Director, IT Asset Management Content Service
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
A key requirement to support effective IT Asset Management is to normalize hardware and software discovery data. This normalization process requires a comprehensive library of hardware and software models from major manufacturers, as well as normalization rules. We are building a team to manage this content normalization service, a critical component of our IT Asset Management solution
What you get to do in this role:
- Build Content (repository of software and hardware models from various manufacturers) that helps in content normalization service
- Research on various publisher, products and related software content from the industry and as a content librarian for our ITAM content service, maintain these data elements in our repository
- Mentor and lead a team of data analysts in researching of market information for various products in the public domain, and normalize them into our content databases
- Work with product management and engineering teams towards enhancing the foot-print of the content to support new features in up-coming releases
- Perform content (data) validation activities to ensure quality of Content delivered to customers
- Learn and perform more of data analysis using the ServiceNow platform
- Design and implement, processes and controls, to maintain and publish new content
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 4 to 7 years of experience in IT Asset Management (Hardware and/or Software)
- Working knowledge of ITAM tools like SNOW, FlexNet, SCCM, MAP, ILMT etc.
- Knowledge of various licensing metrics of top publishers like Microsoft, Oracle, Adobe, IBM etc.
- Knowledge of various engagement/contract types offered by top publishers like Microsoft: EA, Adobe: TLP, CLP etc.
- Knowledge of scripting to gather information using tools like SCCM is a big plus
- Understanding of Suites, bundle products
- Ability to manage products in case of merger/acquisition
- Experience in driving projects independently
- Strong communication and inter-personnel skills
- Should have an eye for the details
- Content related: Experience working in any Data Content based projects is a big plus
- Experience in using ServiceNow platform is a big plus
- Should have passion for researching and providing solutions for various challenges
- Should be able to adapt to the aggressive pace our team travels in
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.