Software / Senior Software / Staff Software Engineer | 28984
Software / Senior Software / Staff Software Engineer
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do. People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating and our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We are seeking exceptional, passionate and self-driven Software, Senior Software and Staff Engineers in the rapidly growing Customer Service Management Business Unit to build highly innovative products in the Customer Service Management domain.
Customer Service Management applications include Case Management, Omni-channel Engagement, Field Service Management, Knowledge Management and Communities. These applications are used by the Customer Support departments of organizations and play a central role in allowing a company to provide support for its products and services to customers, improve customer satisfaction, retention and improve Net Promoter Scores.
As a Software, Senior Software or Staff Engineer, you will be an individual contributor in the Customer Service Management (CSM) engineering team
What you get to do in this role:
- Design and develop high quality applications leveraging the industry leading ServiceNow platform
- Work in a scrum-based agile development process which plans and builds features targeted to a release
- Design and implement software that is simple, intuitive and easy to use that will allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs
- Play a key role in the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
- Translate requirements and mock-ups into fully functional features by working closely with business and product owners, and creative designers
- Collaborate with product managers and user experience designers to deliver delightful experiences
- Build rich, modern web and mobile web experiences that are accessible, progressive and responsive
- Support customers of our applications through bug fixes and patches
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience designing and building scalable reusable products/components
- Passion for software development, debugging and problem-solving. We are seeking engineers who want to work across technologies and development environments
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Solid understanding of data modeling and databases (MySQL preferred)
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must be comfortable with juggling multiple priorities with the ability to manage time effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 2+ years of experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline for Software Engineer Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 5+ years of experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 3+ years of experience for Senior Software Engineer Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 8+ years of experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 6+ years of experience for Staff Engineer Role
It would be even better if you have:
- Experience with creating enterprise software in the Customer Service and Field Service domains
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform and API’s
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.