Senior Problem Manager | 24836
(Senior) Problem Manager
Location: Hyderabad, India
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role
We are looking for an experienced problem solver excited to take on the challenge of building and maintaining an enterprise cloud. Working with key members of our product development, infrastructure engineering, and operations teams, you will investigate and resolve the problems we face as we work to improve the quality and scalability of the ServiceNow service. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced systems administrator or enterprise cloud support engineer with strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Successful candidates must be technically competent, self-motivated, and enjoy diving into challenges. The ability to function under ambiguity in a fast-paced environment is essential. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment, together with a group of talented engineers to support a world class mission critical system, this is the career opportunity for you.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Experience with ITIL v3 and problem management methods such as 5 Why’s, Kepner Tregoe, or Ishikawa/Fishbone
- Experience with open source technologies - Linux, Apache/Tomcat, MySQL/MariaDB
- Experience designing & building scalable web services
- Self-starter, with a quick learning curve
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience preferred
- Eagerness to learn everything about the ServiceNow platform
- Experience developing on a SaaS, PaaS, or Cloud Infrastructure product/solution
- Working knowledge of enterprise cloud infrastructure including global networking, datacenter architecture, and server hardware
- Working knowledge of Linux Internals, MySQL, and scripting languages like Perl, Python, and bash
- Working knowledge of web technologies like HTML, AJAX, XML, and REST
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.