Technical Support Engineer (Automation/ITOM) | 22766
Location: Tokyo, Japan
ServiceNow is the Enterprise Cloud Company that is changing the way people work. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
But nothing of this would be possible without our people. We have the position of Senior Technical Support Engineer available in our Sydney office for those who want to grow with us. Let's get straight to the point.
About the team
The team focuses on supporting customers who use the Automation and IT Operations and Management (ITOM) products on the ServiceNow Platform. These products include Public and Private Cloud Management, Event Monitoring, Identification & Mapping between IT components, and Automated Configuration/Remediation services. Please refer to the following link for more insight: https://www.servicenow.com/products/it-operations-management.html
Technical Support Engineers are responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues, understanding a broad range of technologies and working closely with the Development and Operations staff. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong customer service skills in addition to strong technical skills. In addition, Engineers must be able to work outside of normal business hours.
Base skills required for the role:
- Linux/Unix System:Experience working on a Unix/Linux Server Command Line Environment and Shell Scripting
- Database:Conceptual knowledge or working knowledge of databases, preferably MySQL or MariaDB
Additional skills advantageous to have for the role:
- Cloud, Automation & Virtualisation:Working knowledge of one or more of the following: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, VMWare, Hyper-V, SCCM, PowerShell, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, and/or Ansible
- Networking:Understanding of networking concepts and integration technologies
- Monitoring Tools:Prior exposure to Event Monitoring Systems or Tools such as Netcool, SCOM, NAGIOS, Hyperic, and/or SolarWinds
- Windows Systems:Experience working on Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange and PowerShell Scripting
- Storage Technology:Background in managing EMC/NetApp/HP Storage Systems
Professional skills required for the role:
- Previous experience in a customer facing support role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience understanding and troubleshooting solutions in a complex technical environment
- Ability to multi-task in a timely manner whilst collaborating with multiple teams
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanour and customer focus when handling complex user issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese
And finally ServiceNow as a company
ServiceNow is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows Enterprise to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our growth, we are looking for drivers - people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
For more information, please visit ServiceNow or DemoNow
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.