SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Senior Manager | 29645
SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Senior Manager
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
ServiceNow is looking for an SEC Reporting/Technical Accounting Senior Manager who has a positive attitude and is highly motivated to learn and grow within the organization and proven ability to thrive successfully in a fast paced multi-task oriented environment. This is a critical and high-profile position that will play a critical role in SEC reporting and technical accounting (including business combinations, cloud computing, financial instruments/derivatives, stock-based compensation, debt, equity, leases) and other compliance related matters. This role will report to the Sr. Director SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting.
What you get to do in this role:
- Oversee and manage the preparation of the Company's Securities Exchange Act filings and maintain external reporting calendar.
- Coordinate audit support & review filings with external auditors, and senior members of the finance team
- Prepare the quarterly SEC reporting binder and assist in preparation of quarterly earnings release and related scripts
- Prepare quarterly Audit Committee decks
- Research and document the Company's technical accounting issues; present and resolve the Company's positions for critical accounting issues with external auditors
- Prepare technical accounting memos on complex transactions
- Assess and implement new or changes to USGAAP
- Draft and update Corporate Accounting Policies, as needed throughout the year
- Assist with the update of controls including assessing any control gaps and changes in processes
- Interface with appropriate employees and departments within the organization; eliciting, evaluating and considering solutions to align controls with business risks
- Assist in special projects as needed
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404 and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with technical research
- Total experience of minimum 12 years with a minimum of 6 years of Big four public accounting experience and BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA is required
- A proactive approach to problem identification and remediation solutions, and excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact and build relationships across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, complete work timely, and work well as a team member
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Meticulous and superior attention to detail
EEOE Statement Section
ServiceNow’s EEOE statement is automatically added to each U.S. based job description.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.