Manager, Solution Consulting - Commercial New England/New York | 31620
Manager, Solution Consulting
Location: Waltham, MA / New York, NY
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
ServiceNow is seeking a Solution Consulting Manager to manage a team of pre-sales Solution Consultants supporting the regional sales force. The Solution Consulting Manager is responsible for individual SC career planning and development, team development and hiring according to the dynamic needs of the sales organization, and other administrative duties relative to team management.
In addition to these responsibilities, the SC Manager is expected to maintain strong relationships with counterparts in the Sales, Services, Support, Marketing and other organizations to ensure alignment of organizational activities and directions. These responsibilities all directly support the SC Manager's primary goal: developing and maintaining a team that consistently secures the technical win in every deal they support for the sales force.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Team management experience a must; management of a pre-sales organization preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects to completion
- Pre-sales experience and ITSM experience highly desirable
- Experience with the ServiceNow product suite or competitive product suites highly desirable
- Able to articulate and logically communicate concepts with technical and non-technical audiences
What you get to do in this role:
- Understand the needs of the regional sales organization, and develop plans to ensure outstanding support of those needs
- Develop team members according to the demands of the business and according to their individual professional goals
- Develop and maintain a recruiting pipeline of potential SC candidates to meet future business demands
- Work with regional sales directors to prioritize regional Solution Consulting efforts
- Assign resources to sales opportunities, and consistently evaluate progress against goals
- Assign resources as required to marketing and other efforts to support demand generation
- Develop and deploy team training curriculums to meet the changing demands of the sales organization
- Evaluate team members regularly through analysis of direct observation, peer feedback and sales feedback
- Ensure proper alignment of resources and effective utilization of skill sets within the assigned region
- Manage day-to-day activities such as resource scheduling conflicts, expense review and approval, activity reporting etc.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.