Senior Manager, Strategic Programs | 31320
Senior Manager, Strategic Programs
Santa Clara, CA
Reports to: Head of Operational Excellence
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Program Manager leads strategic programs, from concept/definition through planning, execution, delivery, and adoption. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented leader with both strategic and operational experience in a high-growth organization and can ‘connect the dots’ across business functions and accelerate delivery of benefits in the most complex enterprise programs. You’re expected to bring a strategic approach to working collaboratively in order to influence and drive program results and program discipline to the company.
This position requires strong leadership and influence skills and you must be able to reimagine how work gets done. Our strategic projects are global, enterprise wide, and cross-functional in nature. A deep understanding of program and project management, process design, implementation, change management, and release management is required for you to be successful in this role. You must be able to think strategically and plan effectively, be hands on, detail and results oriented, and manage multiple tasks & programs against aggressive deadlines.
What You Get To Do In This Role:
In this role, you will be accountable for program execution and delivery of a strategic program for ServiceNow. These programs will be highly cross-functional and require the ability to ramp up quickly. Your first program will entail driving the new offer enablement of a strategic new product/capability. The role will entail:
- Manage Program Scope, Objectives and Targets (Strategic Program Management)
- Manage Program Lifecycle
- Manage Program Metrics, Evaluation & Prioritization
- Drive Program Governance
- Oversee the Program’s Projects
- Optimize Program Processes
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- BS/BA degree in Business, Engineering, IT, Marketing or related discipline.
- 12+ years experience in NPI and new offer enablement, especially launching new SaaS Offer
- Exceptional cross-functional experience to drive NPI and offer enablement, especially adept in operational enablement to launch new SaaS / Cloud Hosted offers.
- Proven ability to quickly build trusted relationships at all levels of an organization, from SMEs to senior executives.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications.
- Advanced problem-solving, conflict resolution, active listening, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated cross-functional, technical Program/Project management skills including planning, scheduling, monitoring, org savvy, prioritization and stakeholder reporting with multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with analytics and understanding of support metrics and KPIs.
- Facilitation skills in leading and planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Active listening skills to ensure feedback drives new initiatives and identifies areas of improvement.
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up tools, systems, and processes in a short amount of time.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.