Principal Product Manager | 24452
Principal Product Manager, Platform UX
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
Our Application Platform as a Service (Paas) not only powers every ServiceNow delivered application but allows customers to create their own custom application and integration solutions. Our goal is to focus on building a high performing, scalable platform that ensures our customers and partners can integrate with and develop on ServiceNow in a simple, consistent, secure, and high-performance manner.
We are looking for a passionate Principal Product Manager to join the ServiceNow Platform UX team. This is a special opportunity to be part of the team that is defining and driving the cutting edge of the ServiceNow user experience by creating new and compelling experiences on the ServiceNow platform. You will help define and mature the core platform products and your work will be highly visible and improve the daily lives of millions of our customers.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work with a tight-knit team of experienced engineers, designers, and quality assurance personnel to define and build the ServiceNow platform user experience
- Drive product vision, strategy and roadmap and collaborate with product teams to compile a backlog based on customer needs, market data, and competitive intel
- Build and prioritize such roadmap based on internal & external customers’ hierarchy of needs
- Act as Product Owner, defining product design and acceptance criteria, working with engineering teams to evolve the stories and accepting stories in a scrum environment
- Consult with customers and stay apprised of market developments to maintain keen awareness of emerging opportunities and challenges
- Collaborate with UX/UI teams to deliver engaging and consistent user interfaces
- Craft product training and documentation for your products
- Assist pre-sales and sales teams on how to nurture, grow and close in-flight opportunities
- Conduct product demos to sales prospects and existing customers
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who possesses:
- 7+ years of experience in product management in an agile development setting, with 2+ years of demonstrated experience in managing product lines and/or peer product managers
- Experience working on large initiatives from framing the problem, gathering insights/analysis, building ROI, operational plans, and driving execution through to success
- Product experience working in data visualization, maps, dashboard/reporting, analytics, and UI/UX front-end
- Experience building commercial or enterprise software analytics offerings
- Business-level understanding of web/digital analytics, data visualization, and machine-learning
- Experience in an agile environment providing requirements to design and development teams building software solutions
- Managing products and product lines from inception to deliverymake trade-off decisions between possible, desirable and technically feasible
- Passion for data-driven decision making, coupled with strong strategic analysis skills, sound product intuition, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to influence and build a unified vision across product lines and functional groups without formal authority
- Skill in delivering product presentations to large audiences – peers and senior executives
- Experience in PaaS or UI platforms and working with UX/UI teams in a high-growth SaaS product line
Ideally, the candidate will also have:
- Experience working with mobile data visualizations
- Experience in Product Accessibility Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) needs
- Experience/familiarity with Design Systems
- Training & experience in implementing product management best practices e.g. design thinking & lean startup
- Intellectual curiosity & willingness to roll up the sleeve & learn from each other and the customer
- Ability to connect the dots & understand impact of upstream decisions to downstream processes
- Experience in ServiceNow platform and/or products
- Willing to travel up to 15%
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.