Senior Director, UX | 25044
Senior Director, User Experience
Location(s): Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 Billion, is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud‑based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done. Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The Senior Director, User Experience will lead user experience for ServiceNow’s customer facing websites. This senior leader will be responsible for delivering a world class experience for customers that maximizes engagement, grows marketing pipeline and amplifies our brand. Reporting to the VP, Digital, this role will oversee a team of UX strategists, researchers, content writers, UX designers, production designers, and UX engineers. This senior leader will establish and promote new UX processes to better integrate the UX team with other critical functions, including product management, brand and development. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a high growth, high change environment that follows an agile development process to bring products to life.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build, manage, and inspire a cross-functional team of UX professionals
- Partner with Product Management to create a frictionless customer journey, with an integrated strategy that spans across all ServiceNow digital touchpoints
- Partner with Brand Storytelling to delight and engage ServiceNow customers with user-centric interactive content and dynamic digital storytelling
- Keeps the customer's ease of use as a top priority while aligning to business outcomes
- Create, establish, and promote UX processes to better integrate the UX team with other critical functions.
- Exceed demand generation goals with an agile, results-driven UX roadmap
- Oversee UX design system, including templates, modules, patterns
- Partner with development team to build and launch UX design system and all components
- College Degree (or equivalent experience) in the fields of Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Computer Sciences, or related disciplines
- 10+ years industry experience in UX design
- 5+ years managing a UX team
- Knowledge of user interface design, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design, and statistics
- Mobile and web design experience including an understanding of responsive web design
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.