Senior Software Engineer | 27345
Senior Software Engineer,
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Come join the Service Engineering DevOps team and work with a talented group of engineers building out next generation technologies in the ServiceNow cloud platform. This team is responsible for a highly scalable and robust cloud automation suite which automates customer life cycle events across all customer instances in ServiceNow’s globally distributed cloud data centres.
You will be a key member of a strong team of software engineers working on some of the company’s core and mission-critical applications. The team operates in a DevOps environment and responds very quickly to incidents and providing relief to customers, alongside innovation and project development work. This role requires that you have ability to work in environments requiring an Australian Government Baseline security clearance.
What you get to do in this role:
- The team is looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer, with a strong track record, who is in search of an exciting environment and innovative technologies.
- You will be building our highly scalable and robust cloud automation suite, which is used by both ServiceNow customers and operations teams to manage the lifecycle events for customer instances in our cloud.
- You will help hire exceptional talent for our upcoming business needs.
- Day to day, you will work closely with partner teams around the world and use your analysis and problem-solving skills to support our applications.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Australian Government Baseline security clearance or who is able to obtain Baseline security clearance.
- Passion for software development and problem-solving.
- Exposure to DevOps culture.
- High energy and an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Over 5+ years of experience designing and building scalable, reusable components.
- Experience designing & building scalable web services
- Proficiency in web technologies like HTML, AJAX, XML, REST.
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills.
- Firm understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Self-starter, with a quick learning curve.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Solid understanding and experience with Agile software development.
- Experience with open source technologies - Linux, Apache/Tomcat, MySQL.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Knowledge of cloud technology and distributed computing.
- Working knowledge of Linux internals, MySQL Optimization and Performance Tuning.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, Python and Bash.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.