Senior Enterprise Search Architect | 21884
Senior Enterprise Search Architect
Santa Clara, CA
The Senior Enterprise Search Architect will ensure that common enterprise search architecture decisions support both business and IT strategy, and that the architectures delivered are compliant with ServiceNow architecture standards, blueprints, and roadmaps.
This role will assess and review the work of both enterprise and solution architecture and create a balance between the immediate and the strategic. As a senior enterprise architect, the role is focused on strategic planning typically over the 1-3 year horizon. The role will be accountable for the development of the enterprise search architecture standards for both infrastructure, system development, capabilities, roadmaps, and solution blueprints. The role will understand implications of architecture requirements to 'As-Is' architectures and define/update 'To-Be' architectures applying ServiceNow architecture guiding principles.
The Senior Enterprise Search Architect will also support solution development efforts originating from the enterprise and the business portfolios, participate in IT initiatives and provide active guidance for better planning and decision making.
The role will guide and support other architects in the development and documentation of IT enterprise search architectures for complex and business critical projects. The role will be accountable for driving solution evaluation and selection decisions, buy vs. build choices, and early-phase project estimates that contribute to the business case.
General Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the effort to ensure that enterprise search architecture decisions support the business and IT strategy, and that the delivered architecture is compliant with relevant ServiceNow architecture standards, blueprints and roadmaps.
- Participate in architecture assessments & reviews either as lead reviewing architect or as an enterprise search subject matter expert in the review team.
- Provide architectural expertise and technical direction to system development and projects with respect to search and taxonomy technologies, platforms, and services.
- Define the overall enterprise search platform roadmap and drive its successful implementation.
- Define the overall infrastructure vision and roadmap and lead its successful implementation.
- Understand implications of IT architecture requirements to ‘As-Is’ architectures and define/update ‘To-Be’ architectures applying ServiceNow architecture guiding principles.
- Maintain a view of the current and future state (1-3 years) enterprise search architecture within a defined architecture focus on infrastructure and application development.
- Be accountable for driving solution evaluation and selection decisions, buy vs. build decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case.
- Deliver competitive edge and insight through innovative data ingestion, NLP, data text-mining, content analytics, and information and data presentation technologies.
- Design, implement, and support a comprehensive set of enterprise metadata and taxonomy platform services.
- Continuously scan the technical landscape to identify ways to improve search relevance, accuracy, and overall user experience.
Required Skills & Experience
- Relevant technical degree or equivalent with 10+ years’ experience demonstrating capabilities within the areas of enterprise search, metadata, and taxonomy concepts/technologies.
- Experience developing and influencing technology roadmaps aligned to business capabilities.
- Technology and technical concepts:
- Content indexing (crawling – ETL) - Setting up indexing, retrieving, ranking heterogeneous datasets
- Enterprise search platform (e.g. SOLR – Elastic Search – LucidWorks – Sinequa – Attivio…)
- Strong and proven experience with Apache Solr, Lucene, Elastic Search, ZooKeeper, and Solr Cloud.
- Metadata, taxonomy, and ontology search integration
- Semantic framework basics (RDF –OWL – Triple Store)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Taxonomy/Ontology platform knowledge (e.g. SmartLogic – SchemaLogic – Mondeca)
- Auto-tagging – auto-classification – entity extraction – NLP
- Data & information visualization
- Mobile app development
- Advanced Java expertise
- Software development experience with a highly-scalable, distributed, large multi-node environment that anticipate and manage scalability and performance problems.
- Strong programming experience in Java, multithreaded programming & other OOP languages
- Experience in implementing web services API, data contract with JSON, XML, CSV
- Solid understanding of consuming RESTful APIs
- Portfolio Management
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.