Deal Desk Specialist | 25009
Deal Desk Specialist - Americas
Location(s): San Diego, CA; Santa Clara, CA; Waltham, MA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
ServiceNow is currently seeking a highly driven Deal Desk Specialist to join our America’s Deal Desk team. This team is responsible for actively working with sales, legal, revenue and other cross functional teams for deal structuring and commercial terms for complex, non-standard transactions.
This individual contributor role is a true value-add partner and considered the business liaison to the field sales organization for complex, non-standard deals. This position will sit in one of our Santa Clara, CA, San Diego, CA, or Waltham, MA offices.
What you get to do in this role:
- Be the trusted advisor to the America’s sales team, collaborating on pricing, product, and commercial terms for complex, non-standard transactions
- Actively participate in deal reviews with prospects, sales teams, and management
- Serve as an escalation point and provide approvals to help move deals forward
- Cultivate internal relationships with all levels of the sales organization
- Work as a liaison between multiple groups, such as revenue, sales ops, legal, pricing, to help facilitate the deal process
- Identify and make recommendations for process improvements; assist or drive implementation
- Collaborate and share best practices across geographies/regions
- Ad hoc responsibilities as needed to support the sales & finance teams
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience in a deal desk, finance, contracts, sales operations, or revenue role; software/SaaS experience an advantage
- BS or MBA Business Administration
- Understanding of revenue recognition principles and US GAAP
- A thorough understanding of the sales process and the ability to navigate and progress long, complex sales cycles
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to read, interpret, and draft business terms and conditions
- Strong logic and analytical abilities
- Adept at business partnering and working with cross functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Flexible to work extended hours during peak periods
- Occasional travel may be required
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.