Principal Technical Consultant, Federal | 32381
Job Title: Principal Technical Consultant – Federal
Location(s): Remote, MD/Remote, PA/Remote, VA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead all technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery including:
- Application Configuration
- Workflow Configuration
- UI Configuration
- Development of required client specific reporting
- Development of requirement integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc)
- Interface with ServiceNow development and operations teams, to successfully set up the SaaS platform
- Be a key member of the overall implementation project team
- Prepare all client facing and internal deliverables that are technology related
- Mentor field resources in implementation methodology, configuration, and best practices for the ITOM application suite
- Lead requirement gathering workshops to identify use cases and value based acceptance criteria,
- Drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on client experiences
- Up to 50% travel annually
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has strong technical understanding and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- An active security clearance at least Top Secret level is required. SCI eligibility and/or a current Full Scope Polygraph is a plus.
- Advanced and current understanding (and practice) in Windows Domain and Unix System Administration. Including the understanding of described domain structures, user permission levels, group policy objects and the execution of SUDO Policies
- Enterprise architecture domains
- AMZN API, VMware automation, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, integration & automation expertise with orchestration
- Service oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access and persistence, client/server, etc)
- Cloud Management Platforms such as AWS, VMware, BMC, etc.
- IT Operations experience in storage, network and compute of enterprise environments
- ITIL / CMDB implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) around all key technical decisions during project delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology and proven experience in technical consulting roles
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.