Group Product Manager, Customer Success | 27397
Job Title: Group Product Manager, Customer Success
Location: Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive and proud of our phenomenal growth and industry-leading NPS scores. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is making long term investments in its formal Customer Success program. Our customers have told us that they want our guidance to achieve business outcomes faster. To meet their needs at scale, we recently launched the Customer Success Center. This is our core, online success site for all customers and includes best practices, templates, tools, tips, calculators and more.
The Customer Success ‘product’ needs to be an amazing user experience and a highly functional tool. This is where you come in. You will build an intuitive, contextual, innovative and personalized digital experience for our customers to contribute, educate and learn about the digital transformation movement to succeed on their ServiceNow journey. You will own and develop the long-term strategy in partnership with business stakeholders and our wonderful customers, then execute with Design and Engineering to deliver world-class customer experiences.
As a Group Product Manager for the Customer Success Center, you will define how we curate and present best practices content, tools and templates, events, and other resources. You will drive the product strategy, requirements, delivery, and measurement. You will use a combination of human expertise and machine learning to get the job done.
- Set a product strategy to deliver customer needs and business goals
- Understand and lead analyses of the competitive environment, customer and product metrics to determine the right set of features
- Evangelize across teams to ensure support and contributions to our product vision
- Drive global product requirements definition, product planning and product design (including writing product briefs and user stories) of new features and enhancements
- Work cross-functionally and with the Product Development team to bring features live to the site
- Work closely with product marketing, business stakeholders, and the customer insights team to understand opportunities to improve content for our customers
- Mentor other product managers
We Are Looking for Demonstrated Experience and Proficiency in 3 Key Skillsets
- Product Management
- Execution & Delivery
- Strategy & Planning: Clear customer-centric roadmaps for short-term and long-term goals, including success measurements and KPIs. Lead and own product requirements, roadmap and strategy end-to-end with accountability of the entire lifecycle. Define and prioritize product requirements working closely with x-functional business partners, stakeholders and peers.
- Product Requirements: Write epics and user stories to guide development efforts and provide clear definitions of the “what” we are trying to accomplish. Each should be customer-centric and driven by real customer needs. You will continuously groom backlog, write use cases working closely with your scrum team in an Agile execution environment, and participate in all scrum ceremonies. You will work in close collaboration with the Design and Engineering teams to reach scope agreements and make trade-off decisions.
- Business Goals: Measure and report on business and product metrics, against planned targets. Create and communicate plans to meet and exceed goals.
We are highly matrixed and move quickly. Strong communication skills are essential, including a demonstrated ability to communicate your ideas to design and engineering, successfully influence Business Units and Sales teams, and confidently present to senior executives.
You must be experienced in working in an agile environment and delivering to committed roadmaps. You must have a strong ability to prioritize features against customer and business impact.
Soft Skills And Working Style
- Experience as a change leader with an ability to influence others
- Be a problem solver, using critical thinking to come up with innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Effective verbal / written communication
- Patient, empathetic approach when faced with challenges
- Great listener, operate while assuming the best
- Drive to completion with passion, quality and scale while being an exemplary team player
- Be available and work onsite in the Santa Clara office to be closely located with your scrum team five days per week
- A focus on empowering and unblocking your colleagues through daily interaction, availability for in-person scheduled discussions throughout the work day, same-day triage of production issues and ownership of resolution of high-priority production issues
What makes you right for this role?
- You’re eager to experiment and learn; even willing to make mistakes.
- You’re comfortable with rapidly changing environments and expectations.
- You are a critical thinker who likes working through problems.
- You are creative and excel when collaborating with others in a creative team process.
- You are personally very organized and self-paced.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with cultural diversity.
- You like to have fun and work on important, high-visibility projects.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Product roles as an individual contributor or manager
- Demonstrable example(s) of “shipped” product ownership, where you owned the product lifecycle and development phases from start to finish
- Extensive experience partnering with cross-functional business, design, research, engineering teams
- Strong data capabilities related to online metrics: skilled with data analysis and designing experiments, including multivariate (A/B) testing
- Strong track record of meeting business goals
- Consistent availability for ad-hoc conversations with all stakeholders in Agile process – Design, Engineering, QA, Business, Product Marketing
- Mobile/Responsive Experience a plus
- Prior people management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.