Enterprise Architect, Information Technology | 27586
Job Title: Enterprise Architect, Information Technology
Location: Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: VP, GTM and Customer Success IT
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We make the world of work, work better for people.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is seeking an Enterprise Architect for our front-office IT systems. Our vision is to create the industry best Go-To-Market and Customer Success IT eco system. The strategy involves combining best-of-breed 3rd party capabilities with the ServiceNow platform to create amazing experiences for customers, partners and employees.
This role involves creating the as-is and to-be reference architectures to enable our vision. You will partner with multiple business functions and IT teams to deliver results that drive growth, enable productivity and provide delightful experiences.
What you get to do in this role:
- Establish and maintain the three-year target state reference architecture for Go To Market and Customer Success IT
- Establish technology and process standards that can be consumed by solution architects and BSAs to implement
- Be a key part of the Enterprise Architecture function to ensure alignment of the architecture with technology and information governance processes
- Execute regular architecture assessment exercises
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to conduct periodic business capability assessments and influence portfolio roadmaps
- Periodically assess CSIT technology health and use it as input to formulate or update our technology strategy
- Facilitate research, evaluation and design of new technology and software solutions along with looking at poor-behaving software and finding ways to improve it
- Thoroughly document all aspects of the systems and applications for future reference and maintenance
- Jump into situations to solution for data and technology issues faced during new software and platform implementations
- Ensure application and solution design is compliant with enterprise architecture standards and enterprise reference architecture
- Participate in in-depth evaluations for new technology platforms and make technical fit recommendations
- Communicate complex technical issues and solutions to business and IT groups through concise communications
- Ensure tracking and remediation of technical debt
- Understand, advocate and improve upon technology strategy, frameworks, standards, and best practices across the enterprise
- Be the go-to person / SME on processes and systems
In order to be successful in this role, we are seeking someone who has:
- At least a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as an architect
- Combined 8+ years of experience in several of the following areas: software design and development; architecting of modern heavily utilized, highly available applications; enterprise architecture experience that covers business, data and applications and technology architecture
- Experience with Lead to Cash processes and GTM systems landscape
- Experience with defining and evangelizing a reference architecture
- Proven experience with driving adoption of architecture across multiple groups
- Experience with working in environments with multiple SaaS platforms
- Proven experience with taking abstract business ideas and converting them to process and system needs
- Proven experience to mobilize large scale implementation programs
- Strong communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to see the “big picture” and deal with ambiguity
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to switch anytime from being a high level strategy person to an “in the weeds” technical person
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.