IT Workflow Products - Senior Program Management | 21964
Job Title: IT Workflow Products - Senior Program Manager
Location(s): Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Senior Director IT Workflow Products - Programs
ServiceNow makes the world of work, work better for people. We help our customers automate and improve their operations in three core areas; within their IT teams, with their employees, and with their customers.
The IT Workflow Products team is defining and delivering modern IT to the enterprise. We are responsible for the portfolio of products that serve CIOs and their staff of technologists and operators. Our products span ITSM (service management), ITOM (operations management), ITBM (business management), ITAM (asset management), Security, Risk, and DevOps. We are passionate about helping CIOs meet their digital transformation goals and architect their future of their organizations.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Senior Program Manager, you will work with engineering and product teams to deliver world class products and applications. You’ll play an integral role in ensuring new products and underlying technologies are not only delivered on time, but exemplify the top-notch quality our customers demand. Our teams span the globe and require program managers to keep the big picture in focus. It will be your responsibility to orchestrate and navigate the product delivery lifecycle, reducing friction, and ensure consistent communications amongst the teams.
Key Activities include
- Building programs, coordinating & facilitating technical orientated programs and or projects
- Developing, Tracking & Communicating the overall plan; definition and agreement on scope, success criteria, schedule, key milestones, deliverables, risks, dependencies
- Develop metrics and data models to drive recommendations that accelerate decisions
- Coordinate a regular cadence across the divisional and functional leaders with operational metrics needed for weekly/monthly/quarterly meetings with senior leadership.
- Closed Loop management of Customer Programs such as Design Partner & Early Availability Programs
Ongoing Activities include
- Leading initiatives for improvements in IT Workflow Products release processes, and technical enablement, to meet our business objectives.
- Developing required documentation such as process design documents, workshop agenda & presentations, stories, use cases, roles/responsibilities
- Communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment for recommendations and assisting teams with resolving critical path technical issues and challenges
- Proactively identify and address issues with internal business units and engineering teams.
- Analyze processes and outcomes to identify root causes & drive opportunities for improvement
- Be a thought leader and subject matter expert in agile methods and agile product delivery.
- Demonstrate visible leadership through internal presentations, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Establish, collect, and enable the reporting of key quality and product delivery process metrics to executives, organizational leaders and teams.
You are a key team player and driving force for the above.
- You have exemplary technical program management skills; this is in terms of process and documentation, keeping two steps ahead of the plan (foreseeing issues, risks, dependencies); leading and facilitating meetings; crisp verbal & written communication skills with ability to negotiate/influence and work cross-functionally.
- You are passionate about the customer experience and service availability; uncompromising in delivery of high quality, scalable and sustainable solutions.
- You are also a critical thinker, embracing ‘out of the box’ thinking to solve problems.
- You lead by example; develop and share best practices across the team.
- You understand work can be fun and strive to create an environment that promotes team collaboration & pride in working towards a common goal. We like to have fun while we work, and you should too.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Minimum of 7 years technical project/program management experience building programs, project management, and release schedules on a global scale with at least 4 years of that dedicated to running large engineering programs; basic knowledge of cloud infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), or related field.
- Extensive experience driving large scale, complex global change initiatives and programs to a successful implementation.
- Experience designing and building metrics, KPIs, and dashboards.
- Solid experience in requirements gathering, including experience in creating process documentation
- Experienced with problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Results-Oriented, focusing on outcomes and accomplishments and thinking in terms of progress towards the big goal.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Excellent facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives, including the ability to concisely and accurately communicate to both engineers and senior management.
- Proven track record of using agile techniques to manage large scale and complex projects.
- Ability to efficiently context switch amongst multiple projects.
- Ability and desire to travel to ServiceNow locations worldwide.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.