Senior Presales Solution Consultant - IT Operations Management | 30563
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We are disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is seeking IT Operations Management (ITOM) specialists and architects with a focus on hands on IT Datacentre technologies, DevOps and enterprise architecture initiatives for service modelling, discovery, event management, cloud automation and orchestration on the ServiceNow platform.
As an ITOM Presales Consultant you will provide technical hands on expertise to support customers with product and solution leadership during pre-sales engagements. You will participate in the acquisition and retention of customers by utilizing world-class technical pre-sales solution consulting techniques to communicate the power, flexibility, and ease-of-use of IT Operations Management on the ServiceNow SaaS platform.
This is a hand on technical consultant who can go wide and deep on solution delivery and solution positioning during sales cycles.
What you get to do in this role:
- Create and contribute to sales campaigns focused on IT Operations Management leveraging hands on IT Datacentre technologies, DevOps and enterprise architecture initiatives with ServiceNow applications that focus on service modelling, event management, and discovery.
- Contribute and maintain a showcase of ITOM solutions created on the ServiceNow platform.
- Create and own programs that enable Solution Consultants to demonstrate the value of IT Operations Management on the ServiceNow platform.
- Demonstrations of the product, both standard and tailored to prospects and existing customers, both onsite and via webex
- Generation of product demo scripts and scenarios and maintaining demonstration environment(s)
- Strong alignment with product management and engineering teams on roadmap and field feedback.
- Assist the sales personnel in the qualification of Enterprise customer needs and performing pre demo needs analysis
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, security etc.
- Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in the organization.
- Scoping and delivering Proof of Concept/Proof of Value engagements with prospects
- Responding to Request for Information/Proposal documents
- Staying current on product developments/releases to a level required for demo and PoV/PoC
- Supporting Marketing events – user conferences, trade shows, webinars etc
- Staying current on competitive analyses and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Serve as regional team lead to lead practice activities when called upon.
- In conjunction with Sales Personnel and Professional Services, conduct transition briefing - communicate commitments, expectations etc in preparation for deployment
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Proven Pre-sales experience within the IT Operations Management domain
- Demonstrable success over-achieving against team quotas
- Exhibits prior and current technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technology.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
- Experience with enterprise architecture domains
- Deep knowledge of service oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access and persistence, client/server, etc)
- Experience with Cloud Management Platforms such as AWS, VMware, BMC, etc..
- Solid IT Ops experience in storage, network and compute of enterprise environments
- Experience with ITIL / CMDB implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
- Native or fluent spoken and written English
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.