Senior Director, Legal - Technology Transactions | 23595
Senior Director, Technology Transactions
Location: Santa Clara, California
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking an outstanding IP attorney with 8-12 years of experience as IP counsel to join our dynamic legal team. The successful candidate will be located Santa Clara, California, reporting to the Vice President of Intellectual Property. The position will be primarily responsible for advising on and negotiating technology transactions, as well as IP strategy. The position requires a team player who will provide careful work product with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
What you get to do in this role:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on a variety of commercial and technology transactions contracts.
- Providing practical legal advice and support on business matters in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment and an innovative approach to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering and other partners to further Company’s position as a leader and contributor in open source projects.
- Lead technical due diligence in support of M&A transactions.
- Support and help grow a team of talented attorneys, paralegals, and other legal professionals.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Undergraduate and law degrees from highly regarded schools.
- Current member of a state bar and USPTO bar in good standing.
- 8-12 years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department of a technology company, particularly experience drafting technology transactions and licensing agreements.
- CS/CE degree preferred. Other technical degrees considered with the right experience.
- The ability to independently investigate and understand new technologies and functionality, and communicate the results of that investigation to teams outside of engineering.
- Comprehensive understanding of the enterprise IT industry, particularly with regard to cloud computing and software businesses.
- Highly motivated and positive professional with a desire to make a positive impact within a quickly growing organization.
- Self-starter able to prioritize workload to set goals and meet deadlines in a fluctuating and sometimes ambiguous business environment.
- Substantive expertise in intellectual property law and experience negotiating complex global agreements, including technology partnerships, software licensing, SaaS subscriptions and marketing.
- A technical background, such as IT, programming or engineering experience.
- A love of learning new things, great judgment and a sense of humor.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.