Director, Technical Recruiting | 22093
Director, Technical Recruiting
This position reports to: Head of Technical Recruiting
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Some great ideas are born in the garage. Others in a dorm room. Or over pizza and beer. Some form like the perfect wave.
ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $2 Billion, is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud‑based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
With the continued acceleration of growth ahead of ServiceNow we are looking for a leader for our Talent Acquisition Engineering team. We have our sights set on being an enduring company that grows to $4B and $10B in the coming years, and we are going to do this with great talent on our side.
The ideal candidate must thrive in a highly dynamic and changing environment and will lead a technical recruiting team with focus, creativity and innovation. This is an exceptional opportunity to transform the way ServiceNow works and to build a performance driven, healthy talent organization that can scale. With Bob the Builder as our GTO Talent Mascot, the successful leader will build the future of our talent acquisition capabilities, services, tools, insights and the organizations partnerships with the business and employees. #yeswecan
What you get to do in this role:
- Act as a strong partner to our Engineering leaders to scale our Technical teams around the globe, develop recruiting goals and strategies to meet their needs and hiring challenges, and ensure that we are focused on the things that make a difference.
- Build a world class technical recruiting team who can deliver in this war for talent.
- Develop and measure recruiter performance to continue to scale a high performing team
- Partner with key stakeholders to assist in the development and implementation of global workforce plans, forecasting, talent pipeline strategy, etc.
- Introduce and improve methodologies for attracting, assessing and selecting a diverse talent pool
- Frequently assess, rebalance and pivot on how the team is resourced and focused on what is needed today and tomorrow
- Be the champion for the company, including living the values and purpose and being an important storyteller about ServiceNow today and in the future
- Be curious, creative and innovative about ServiceNow and our products and leverage the self-serve portals to enhance and better our delivery model
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of recruiting leadership experience (the majority of which, should be focused on technical recruiting)
- A deep understanding of how to run a high quality, full cycle and/or custom technical recruiting process; and the ability to lead a team in doing so
- Strategize, advise and own reworking and refining the existing technical hiring processes to optimize for experience, diversity & scale
- Work with Business Unit leaders to design technical recruiting strategies from brand awareness to leverage of all TA channels (early in career, employee referral, events, etc.), programs and initiatives to attract the very best technical talent to Service Now
- Loves data: develop recruiting reports and dashboards to analyze, forecast, track and communicate key operational metrics and future predications to the business, while simultaneously using said metrics to drive operational excellence across the team
- Partner with Talent Acquisition leadership to create and manage a recruiting budget; including partners, tools and events
- Collaborate with Tech leadership & People team leadership on technical workforce planning / talent mapping initiatives, including prioritization, nurturing and opportunistic and/or succession talent acquisition opportunities
- Collaborate well with regional Talent leaders to focus on single point of contact to bring the internal clients a global viewpoint first then optimizing for regional or functional views
- Manage a growing team-- developing team members at various stages in their recruiting careers, bringing recruiting expertise and best practices
- A keen eye and focus on experience: from hiring manager to candidate; institute scalable, personable yet agile and cutting-edge experiences with associated NPS measurements
- Be bold about the opportunity to leverage innovations and automation to improve or reinvent the recruiting process
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.