Senior Technical Support Engineer | 33557
Senior Technical Support Engineer
San Diego, CA (future onsite presence required)
ServiceNow (NYSE: NOW) is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We’re growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers’ and employees’ lives in significant and important ways. With 6,200+ customers, we serve ~80% of the Fortune 500, and we are on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World’s Admired Companies®. Help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
We are looking for a software/cloud engineer with a passion for excellence. The Senior Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving complex issues for ServiceNow partners and customers. This includes developing subject matter expertise within the customer support department and collaborating with other team members in the various technologies. The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform and applications. This is a customer-facing role in a very collaborative environment and therefore requires strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related technical degree) or recent coding bootcamp completion or equivalent work experience 2-4+ years of experience within technical support or software coding environment
- Ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues with ease and complexity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Employees must be able to work 8a-5p Monday – Friday. Flexibility is required during non-standard business hours including weekends and holidays on a rotational basis
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to technical problems.
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers.
- Excellent time management skills.
- 2+ of experience with enterprise software application support
- Strong Understanding of SQL and database concepts
- Strong understanding of IT service management and the ITIL business process.
The ideal candidate will have a Computer Science Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent. Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential. This role involves working flexible schedules which could include weekends, holidays, and non-standard business hours.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.