Senior Full Stack Engineer | 28238
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Director, Application Development
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build the best cloud software for businesses using a market leading development cloud platform.
- Work closely with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high quality product to our users.
- Collaborate day-to-day with an energetic team of like-minded developers, product managers and quality engineers using agile software development methodology.
- Master new functional areas and take ownership of features that matter to our customers.
- Design features with a core commitment to quality and an eye to how the products will evolve in future releases.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years working in a comparable software development role
- Passion for software development and problem solving
- High energy, self-starter with aptitude for learning new technologies
- Expertise in coding efficient, object-oriented, modularized and quality software
- Expertise with Java, OOP, and Design Patterns
- Knowledge of AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML, CSS, SOAP, REST and associated frameworks
- Knowledge of unit testing, profiling, and code tuning
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience with open source technologies like Linux and MySQL
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Experience in building large scale Enterprise Applications
- Knowledge of web application UI and UX
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform and API’s
- Familiarity with Unix shell and source control systems and tools such as Git, maven and ant.
- Familiarity with Eclipse or IntelliJ.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.