Senior UX/UI Designer | 22832
Senior UX/UI Designer – Design System & Visual Experience
San Diego, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-oriented approach towards the activities, tasks, and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate effortlessly across teams, silos, and systems. We are passionate about our products, and we live for our customers.
We are looking for an experienced, self-driven UX/UI designer with a focus on visual experience and interaction design to deliver amazing user experiences through cohesive, inclusive, and expertly crafted visual experiences and user interfaces. This role will require you to work with, maintain, and help create design specifications that will be used to build products and help contribute to a large, living design system. The position will require you to innovate across an expansive enterprise user interface.
The visual standard you set will be used both by internal resources and customers alike. The projects you will be involved in will have high impact across a large variety of content consumers. Your role as a designer will include conceptualizing, problem-solving, articulating your ideas, collaborating closely with a diverse design team, and executing final designs.
The position will also provide you an opportunity to help govern and demonstrate the proper use of the design system and style guides across the platform by working closely with different products and teams.
Everything you do as a designer aims to improve the lives of our customers and their employees.
In this role, you will:
- Design elegant solutions founded on world-class UX and UI practice for multiple platforms and for an extensive range of products.
- Implement UX solutions through consistent, detail-oriented wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity mockups.
- Write detailed documentation for both new and existing products, that focus on detailing proper usage, interactions, and visual specifications for a broad audience of designers and engineers.
- Guide execution of designs as it translates from concept to code.
- Help identify and communicate design system principles and guidelines to teams.
- Collaborate daily with teammates to create, review and iterate on design ideas.
- Work with product management, engineers, and other designers from across the company to develop strong UX and UI solutions for our users.
- Solve UX problems through visual design that are well-defined or ambiguous in nature.
- Have a strong portfolio that demonstrates your work and showcases your ability to deliver consumer and user-driven design. Please include URLs for your online portfolio along with your resume.
- At least 5+ years or equivalent experience in applying user-centered design on web-based and mobile products.
- College degrees in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Visual Communication, or similarly interdisciplinary fields are preferred.
- Expert knowledge of typography, color theory, UI design and layout principles.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design, and statistics.
- Experience with creating, managing, and enforcing a style guide or design system.
- Experience creating visual design that meets product, marketing, and engineering requirements in a cohesive, systematic, and user-focused manner.
- Extensive experience in designing applications from sketches to wireframes to high-fidelity mockups.
- Must be able to expertly utilize, identify and demonstrate hands-on design skills including stakeholder interviews, storyboarding, facilitating workshops, prototyping, and usability testing.
- Exceptional command of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication, and technical problem-solving skills to contribute within a multi-functional and multi-disciplined team.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a fluid, fast-paced and truly agile environment.
- Expected to demonstrate a high level of initiative, good sense of humor, and a “make it work” ethos.
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to mentor other designers on topics of expertise.
- Experience designing compliant, best-in-practice, accessible user interfaces and interactions.
- Experience designing for enterprise software is a plus.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.