Senior Program Manager, Workplace PMO | 25115
Senior Program Manager, Workplace PMO
Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Director, Workplace Planning & Projects
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The Workplace Services (WPS) team is responsible for curating and sustaining our unique ServiceNow work environments around the world, helping to bring our purpose to life in the physical sense. We are responsible for the full life cycle of our physical workplaces, from ‘ideation to expiration’, and we are a key influencer of the employee experience by way of our workspaces, services and amenities.
ServiceNow is searching for an energetic Senior Program Manager to join our Workplace Services Program Management Office (This is a construction PMO position, not an IT PMO position). The right person will be passionate about working for a company that lives its brand and understands that Workplace Services plays a major role in how we create a company culture and work experience. The Senior Program Manager will be a crucial part of the team taking ownership and responsibility of the day-to-day PMO functions and services as well as the activities of the team. They will partner closely with the Program Management team to foster continuous improvement of the team and support a fast-growing company.
- Oversee and manage construction projects. This is not an IT position.
- Prepare project scopes and budgets for management approval, funding, and execution
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential risk surrounding project, project logistical issues, budget, and scope
- Facilitate and manage project meetings, inclusive of producing meeting minutes and budget/cost reporting
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining
- Oversee 3rd party Project Managers where appropriate
- Draft, coordinate, and track all RFP’s for Architects, GC, Consultants, etc
- Understand ServiceNow’s procurement processes, inclusive of the purchase order process, cost center break down and billing schedules
- Work with WPS Regional Mangers, Project Executives, and various WPS IT Partners (IT, AV, Security, Design, etc) and vendors to support ongoing projects
- Work closely with Planning to confirm business unit programming needs
- Adhere to the Project Management Office Framework
- Adhere to all standard guidelines (Real Estate, Workplace, Environmental Health & Safety, Sustainability, IT)
- Ensure successful ‘last mile’ for each project
- Manage construction and furniture vendors to ensure that all as-built drawings are updated and accurate
- Provide ongoing relationship management with assigned vendors to assure communication and feedback are fluid
- Prepare Project Close Out Packages for Management review
- Provide Management regular status report, including financial reporting for ongoing and closed projects
- Create an energized and collaborative environment with focus on project delivery and driving employee satisfaction through teamwork and relationship development.
- Deliver consistent, timely, high quality work, meeting project requirements in a cost-effective way.
- Manage mid-size to large multi-year projects also partner with a 3rd party construction manager who will oversee day to day management of projects
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved CapEx budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances
- Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements.
- Report to immediate supervisor major problems and findings and results achieved with recommendations
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects in various stage of execution, while emphasizing accurate completion and respect to guidelines (4 – 8 projects at any given time with project value up to $50M), failure to achieve results will cause serious delays in project schedules, wastage of resources and may impact the short-term goals of the organization
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- May supervise the activities of others
- Proven experience developing and managing project budgets, very organized and detailed
- General knowledge of building mechanical systems and sustainable/energy-efficient building practices
- Excellent leadership skills, including conflict resolution, negotiation and problem solving
- Is an effective change agent on matters that affect a department or organization
- Provides technical guidance within and occasionally across work groups
- Strong organizational skills and collaborative style needed
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and professionally (verbally and in writing) with all levels of management and technical staff
- Ability to successfully communicate with architects, contractors, client’s representatives, and team members
- Solves problems that have little or no precedent to guide the search for solutions
- Possesses a long-term view of trends, issues and business implications
- Focuses on strategic issues and manage/monitors tactical activities
- Critical thinking, asking the right questions, perceiving and managing resistance
- Ability to work flexible schedule and travel up to 30 - 40% of the time (on average 4 site visits per project)
- Including overtime, early mornings, evenings and/or weekends as needed to meet department and company demands
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times under pressure
- Ability to plan and manage work under time constraints
- Ability to identify, resolve, or appropriately escalate problems
- Ability to work in a fast past and ever-changing environment
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision as an individual and as part of a team
- Proficient in MS office, Outlook, Excel, Box, MS Project, MS OneDrive
• Client Focus
• Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
• Relationship Management
• Organization Skills
• Time Management
Working for ServiceNow
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and employees. The foundation of ServiceNow’s success is not only its technology, but its people: Bright, energetic, team players with the confidence and desire to put their innovative ideas into action.
Helping our employees to attain their professional and personal goals is a high priority which we achieve through providing an environment that gives employees the opportunities and resources they need to thrive.
- Competitive compensation packages
- Great opportunities for progression
- Rewards based on achievement
- Excellent support and infrastructure
- Dynamic team working
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.