Senior Director, Technical Accounting & Reporting | 25158
Senior Director, Technical Accounting & Reporting
Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Chief Accounting Officer
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Director to run our SEC and statutory reporting processes to meet worldwide compliance requirements. This critical role will serve as a strategic advisor on all technical accounting matters, including M&A diligence and integration. ServiceNow employees are expected to be self-starting, proactive, collaborative and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. In addition, this individual will oversee the SOX PMO organization to ensure effective oversight over internal controls across the organization as our business grows.
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage the close and SEC reporting calendar to comply with filing deadlines.
- Oversee the preparation of all SEC filings and disclosures, including reports on Form 10K, Form 10Q, Form 8K, and the Annual Proxy and review the XBRL tagging process for quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Partner with Investor Relations, Corporate Communications and Legal in the preparation and review of earnings release materials.
- Lead Disclosure Committee meetings with executive staff and oversee the preparation of Audit Committee materials, including attending the audit committee meetings to present technical accounting issues and related disclosures twice per quarter.
- Assist in the monthly close process, including the review of journal entries, reconciliations and analyses of all equity accounts and stock-based compensation, consistent with ASC 718.
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards, and ensure GAAP and reporting requirements are met.
- Stay current on accounting literature, research technical accounting areas and other significant accounting transactions, and prepare technical memos and review related journal entries as needed.
- Advise business partners on the accounting treatment for significant transactions, including M&A diligence and integration
- Draft, update and maintain Corporate Accounting Policies, as needed throughout the year.
- Oversee and manage SOX PMO function: 404 internal control and financial risk assessment, planning, walkthroughs, audit requests, control certifications / attestations, deficiency evaluation and remediation within all financial
- Work with internal and external auditors during the annual audit and quarterly review process to ensure timely completion of procedures.
- Identify, oversee and implement process improvements in a high growth environment to provide scalability and strengthen the financial and accounting control framework.
- Assist in special accounting and finance projects on an adhoc basis.
- Manage, coach, mentor and develop staff.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, SOX 404 and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with a breadth of technical research;
- Total experience of 12+ years with a minimum of 5 years public accounting experience;
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA is required;
- A proactive approach to problem identification and remediation solutions. Work analytically in a problem-solving environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write and re memos and financial statement disclosures as well as the ability to interact and build relationships across all levels of the organization;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP, BPC, Fidelity and ServiceNow platform is a plus;
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; and
- Superior attention to detail
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.